PDA

View Full Version : VJing w/ Short-Throw Projectors?

Eskae
07-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Can't I just put a screen behind the dJ and use a short throw projector from behind the screen?
That would solve countless issues from the conventional method I've encountered:
- don't have to worry about finding a place for projector on or above dancefloor
- no casting of shadows from DJs
- no loss of brightness/resolution from having to place projector far away and from fog
- don't have to run long length of capable from projector to VJ

Do you guys have recommendations on short throw projector models?
Thanks

VJ LouNYC
07-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Yes you can. With a short throw projector you can put projector about 3-4 feet behind screen. i currently use the BenQ 812ST. This is the only way to go. It look very professional and no need to worry about hanging a projector over dance floor.

BillESC
07-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Yes, short throw projectors are the only way to go. BenQ offers some of the best short throw projectors in the market. I'm a dealer if you have any questions.

Eskae
07-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Of all the ones I've inspected this one seems to have the shorted throw capability with a 0.3:1 throw ratio,
http://www.benq.co.in/product/projector/mx880ust/specifications/

Although only 2500 lumens I'd imagine the fact that it can be so close to the surface that the brightness will be less important.

BillESC
07-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Brightness is brightness and does not relate to throw distance. It is a measure of the amount of light hitting the screen.

2500 lm is fine if you can control ambient light levels, 3500+ lm is better.