PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a backup Controller

pumpitdj
07-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm currently looking for a Back up controller that has XLR output and can handle Video , It can be 4 channel or 2 Channel / Do any of you know of one that meets my needs ?

ampnation
07-09-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm trying hard to think of a controller period, not just backup, that can handle video. It seems to me there was a rack mounted controller -- either Denon or Rane that could do that, but it might have been a mixer. Go look at Rane's 19" rackmount MP series mixers. If Serato does video, that would be my first guess. You would of course, then have to get a controller (like the Denon rackmount controllers e.g. HC4500, D4500 MkII, HD2500 (discont.) or D4500 (also discont.), or decks, but then it isn't really a controller, is it? I know I saw someone on youtube who had a rackmount setup with probably a 4 to 6 channel mixer and controller without mixer paradigm that was doing this. I really can't remember if they were using VDJ or Serato, but Serato rings a louder bell. Esp. since I was trying to see if my HD4500 could run Serato natively which I found out it could not. It needs the SL interface to do so.

Hope that gives you a jumping off point for your search.

STLRiverCity
07-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I have the Denon MC-6000 and I love it. It suits all your requirements but, it might be too much for a backup controller though.

DJJDGator
07-09-2013, 05:43 PM
vestax vci 380

pumpitdj
07-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Has anyone tried out this unit Hercules RMX2 >?

ampnation
07-10-2013, 12:10 PM
those all handle video?? MC6000, RMX2, vci380 ??

KLH
07-10-2013, 12:23 PM
By definition, Controllers don't handle anything but MIDI/HID or audio (if they have an digital audio interface). Video is always output via the computer's video outputs... unless you have another video interface.

To answer the OP's question, any controller can be used for a backup. However, if you already use a controller as a primary setup, I'd recommend buying the same controller as a backup. That way, you can reuse the same DJ app and settings.

-KLH

akela
07-11-2013, 07:25 AM
The American Audio Versadeck has XLR outs. Not too sure if it is rack-mountable though. I am pretty sure you can get reack-mount ears for it

DJ Nada
07-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Nearly any Serato Itch controller should handle your requirements.

ampnation
07-11-2013, 08:59 PM
By definition, Controllers don't handle anything but MIDI/HID or audio (if they have an digital audio interface). Video is always output via the computer's video outputs... unless you have another video interface.

To answer the OP's question, any controller can be used for a backup. However, if you already use a controller as a primary setup, I'd recommend buying the same controller as a backup. That way, you can reuse the same DJ app and settings.

-KLH

http://youtu.be/4DCDkiYyvyI