PDA

View Full Version : 4 or 3 speakers?

DJ SCOTTY FATS
03-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Hey all, got a few questions. I use my s4 when I DJ. Now question 1. How would I hook up a third speaker as a monitor if my system consists of 2 active tops and 1 active sub? Would I need a pre amp?
2. How would I link 4 speakers together all active along with my sub?

Synaxis
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
What model of speakers do you have? Are they all the same?

They should have a line through output in order to connect additional speakers.

Also, doesn't the Kontrol S4 have two outputs? Why not use one of those for your monitor? If your monitor has a volume/EQ control knobs, I don't see why you would need a pre-amp.

DJ SCOTTY FATS
03-02-2012, 08:16 PM
They are different. Main is ev sxa250 and monitors are mackie thumps. At some gigs I use 2 setups. So I use the preamp to split the signal to the s4 and djm700. So would I go 1 set to the other set to the sub to the preamp?

What model of speakers do you have? Are they all the same?

They should have a line through output in order to connect additional speakers.

Also, doesn't the Kontrol S4 have two outputs? Why not use one of those for your monitor? If your monitor has a volume/EQ control knobs, I don't see why you would need a pre-amp.

windspeed36
03-02-2012, 08:45 PM
If you set up your thumps as your FOH and then run a cable from one of the thumps outputs into the EV to use as your monitor. Alternatively you could run both outputs from the thumps into a Y-split XLR and send that into your EV to give you a mono monitor mix.

I am failing to see why you would need to spend $50+ on a preamp...