PDA

View Full Version : ChrisHynds vs Era7 - Trance/Psy/Tech/Uplifting Battle

JonAvalon
07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Mix 1 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847651/Battles/ChrisHynds-vs-Era7-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847651/Battles/ChrisHynds-vs-Era7-2.mp3)

Rules:

Anything goes above 134 - Tech, Psy, Uplifting, Breaks, Dub whatever you want, lets get creative,
The winner takes on the winner of Difficult/Mitch & JackStalks battle (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?28342-DJ-Difficult-vs-JackStalk-vs-M!tch-Trance-Battle)
Last mix has to be in before 40 min mark, anything goes, apart from Sync.

M!TCH
07-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Regardless of who gets my vote, I love listening to both of your mixes. Looking forward to this!

Mix 1: Starting off with my feet moving. Need track ID for 2nd track. Solid mixing throughout. I love hearing mixes where there are new tracks I have not heard of. Is that Ride the Wave by JOC mashed up or remixed? Doesn't sound like the Will Atkinson Remix I have :shrug: Thoroughly enjoyed this mix. Hard to give any real critique as this was spot on.

Mix 2: I love Leave Me Alone - Neelix. ~8:14 mix was quite creative. NOt sure what vocal you had coming in there but it worked well. 13:00 on is slaying it. I love that Dave Correa track. Track ID at 20:00? Sounds like an Armin track but I just cannot place it. I really need to listen to this again, IDK if internet connection is screwing up and causing it to cut. Downloaded.

Going to listen to both of these again while in gym before I make my decision.

Edit: first go through was definitely laptop speakers causing issues. My vote goes to mix #2. I was a huge fan of the track selection on this mix. The first one was phenomenal as well so it was hard to really decide. Feel free to share track lists though :D

JackStalk
07-08-2013, 04:48 PM
DEFINITELY need an ID on the Florence/Machine remake of Spectrum (Say My Name) at around 36-38min on mix 2. I absolutely love that song and shazamm'd and searched everywhere for that version just now. Where did you find that?

DJ Difficult
07-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Like it was expected, technically both mixes was spot on. And if they were not, I didn't noticed it due my small experience of trance :lol: So my vote goes strictly because the song selection.
And it goes for #2. #1 was just a little to aggressive (psychedelic) for my taste. I did listen quite a lot psy / goa trance back in the 90's but It kind of ended after millenium. I still got big pile of old goa-head collections, some chi-ad albums, astral projection etc. somewhere in cd format. Might dig up them someday and make a mix from them. And if I do, this mix will give me some tips for sure.
#2 just had a killer song selection and progression. And although there was some psy-trance, those songs wasn't so aggressive and where easier to listen to me who is just starting to get In trance in this century. If you wan't, please give tracklist after this battle.

Nice work guys! Tells me that I got a long road ahead:spin:

Sedna
07-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Sorry I didn't get to making a mix for this, I was really looking forward to it but this weekend was a scramble for me. I'd like to get in on a future battle, so maybe we can figure something out.

I'll vote on this one either tonight or tomorrow. Good luck, guys!

ChrisHynds
07-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Sorry I didn't get to making a mix for this, I was really looking forward to it but this weekend was a scramble for me. I'd like to get in on a future battle, so maybe we can figure something out.

No probs man, I thought you had forgotten about it tbh, and yea Im keen for another one at some stage.

Era 7
07-10-2013, 12:02 PM

no problem mate :) maybe we'll have a trance section psy battle someday. would be cool.

keep them votes coming.

ChrisHynds
07-12-2013, 09:08 PM
bumping for voters?

JackStalk
07-13-2013, 12:16 PM
I went with mix 2 soley based on that song. I'm not a huge fan of the deeper/psy trance stuff and both mixes kinda sounded the same to me. They both didn't have a whole lot of progression in my personal opinion and most of the tracks didn't stand out from one another. The only one that stood out was the Say My Name remix and I definitely want an ID on that. The mixing/EQing for both mixes was great, and the energy levels were good too. Since they both basically were the same to me, I'm going with the mix that had the one track that I really liked.

Mahatma Coat
07-13-2013, 01:13 PM
On mix one right now - loving it tbh, reminds me of 24 hour psy-trance parties with ex-IDF!

Edit: I'm going to have to go with mix two also. Both mixes were technically perfect imo, comes down to personal taste I reckon. Mix two had more variation and I liked the spiritual hands in the air style coming on mix two around 15mins+, reminded me of Passion in 1999, actually caused some goosebumps!

Both quality though, and not taken the opportunity to listen to trance in literally years - Cheers fellas!

Delta V
07-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Mix 1: Good intro. Woah Are Am Eye that;s a blast form the past. This mix is really heavy. The tune at 25 min holy shit, perfect blend of energy, psy influence, and trance. mixing was fabulous, loved how it was very driving throughout.

Mix 2: Nice intro as well, a lot slower now and more psy like. Didn't think that breakbeat tune really fit too well at ~10 mins. Tune after feels very smooth. This mix was mixed just as well as mix 1. It did feel more uplifting and lighter, a lot of breakdowns. As for that spectrum remix I actually didn't like it, I don't know if it was just sped up or it wasn't Florence singing but it didn't sound right.

Gonna go with mix 1 for that driving energy, kept it's flow up nicely. Don't think I could take a full hour of that though but it's perfect for a 40 min mix.

mr_ragz
07-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Listened to both mixes. Mix one was good, not exactly my flavor, which is ok because I'm always open to anything really. Good transistions, little tiny, insignificant flubs in the beginning but nothing major. I felt that the energy wasn't real consistant throughout the mix. Really good mix overall.

Mix two....wow. Sorry mix one, but I almost didn't even bother listening to the end of mix two before voting lol. After I heard Always by Sim Pat 15 min in, I knew it was over lol. Absolutely awesome mixes, track selection and overall set. Loved it.

My vote goes to mix two.

DJ PSYCHOTRANCE
07-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Both mixes the mixing was on the money......very hard one to call but my vote goes to mix 1 solely for the energy and rush it gave me, as i said this was hard to judge as both mixes were technically very good.

Era 7
07-20-2013, 03:53 AM
rep has been spread to everyone who listened and voted.

ChrisHynds
07-20-2013, 04:01 AM
:stupid: What he said

ChrisHynds
07-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Seems this is over - I was Mix 2, thanks to everyone for voting and cheers to Era for putting up such a bangin set :)

A few of you were asking for a tracklist, here ya go (Off the top of my head) :-

1 - Angry Man - Darker Shades Of Black (Liquid Soul Remix)
2 - Patterson & Nelix - Leave Me Alone
3 - Trance Arts & Colin James - Balistic (Indecent Noise Remix)
4 - Patterson & The Police - She Always Wants Him (Dave Correa Mash)
5 - Tomy Nesse - Hole In The Sky (Arctic Moon Remix)
6 - Way Too Many Artists - Guilt Derailed Whatever - I could be wrong on this one cant remember for sure
7 - Patterson - Bulldozer STD (Dave Correa Mash)
8 - Kearney/Sneijder/Aizen & Florence & The Machine - We Had Spectrum (Dave Correa Mash)
9 - Matt Skyer - Bad Trip

Era 7
07-22-2013, 10:42 AM
yeah it's done. congrats chris. good battle :)

my tracklist:

1. Indecent Noise - Phobia (Am I A Psycho? R.I.C.K. Intro Edit)
2. Faruk Sabanci pres. Arisa - Break It Down
3. Sly One vs. Jurrane - Timebomb
4. Peter Plaznik - Operator Bandit
5. John Askew - Z List Uber Star (Peter Plaznik Dark Sessions Remix)
6. Will Rees & Sam Jones - Lawless
7. Indecent Noise - Disorder
8. Bryan Kearney vs. John O'Callaghan - Rawdiculous (Bryan Kearney Enhanced Edit)