PDA

View Full Version : S2 vs. S4 Pricing

Inc3pt
03-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Hey everybody. Been a while since I've been here as I sold my equipment for a while, and just re-registered.

I had an S4 last and I really loved it. I would like one again but I'm trying to work down my debt, so my budget is on the lower end. I noticed the S2 came out and is $399 right now.

I guess the main thing I'm curious about is whether the S4 is going to see a price drop too? I know that nobody can know for sure, but since I've been out of the loop I just wanted to check before jumping in.

Thanks in advance :love:

DJNR
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Doubt it. Despite their similarities, they are two totally different beasts. The S2 (for what it was) was way overpriced with it's original MSRP, so it made sense why they lowered the price.

On a side note, I will be selling my S4 soon so if your in the market for a used one at least, keep your eye out on classfields.

Interracial Tea
03-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Is the S2 going to stay at that price or is it temporary?

Inc3pt
03-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Doubt it. Despite their similarities, they are two totally different beasts. The S2 (for what it was) was way overpriced with it's original MSRP, so it made sense why they lowered the price.

On a side note, I will be selling my S4 soon so if your in the market for a used one at least, keep your eye out on classfields.

I agree that the original MSRP was too much and that it makes sense.

Is the S2 going to stay at that price or is it temporary?

I was wondering this as well. Oddly, the price has gone back up to $599 on Guitar Center's website, and it was at $399 earlier today. I did also notice it said "ON SALE" on the GC website when it was at $399.

If the price drop was temporary and is over now, I definitely have no reason to consider the S2.

Andrew B
03-01-2012, 09:00 PM
The price drop is temporary. It's supposed to be valid until March 31st, though. Key words: "At participating retailers only."