PDA

View Full Version : Suck it bitches!!

ChrisHynds
07-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Stereosonic is one of the biggest and fastest growing festivals in Australia atm and always pull the best artists each year, this years it has been extended over 2 days, just look at that lineup

Your thoughts?

MY TOP PICKS - Solarstone/Giuseppe Ottaviani/Aly & Fila B2B with JOC/Bryan Kearney/Aaron Camz/The last 30 mins of Armins Set.

Oh and of course W&W and Guetta for the purists amongst us :teef:

David Guetta
Armin van Buuren
Calvin Harris
Axwell
Sebastian Ingrosso
Above & Beyond
Empire of the Sun
Afrojack
Boys Noize Alesso
Dog Blood Nero
Nicky Romero
The Bloody Beetroots
Labrinth
Bingo Players
Zedd
W&W
Tommy Trash
Krewella
Shockone
Maceo Plex
Ferry Corsten
Andy C
Hot Natured
Solomun
Showtek
Gareth Emery
Robert Delong
Noisia & Foreign Beggars present
I AM LEGION
Jamie Jones
TJR
Clockwork
Mat Zo
Cajmere
Stafford Brothers
Aly & Fila b2b John O’Callaghan
Giuseppe Ottaviani (Live)
Flight Facilities
Claude VonStroke
Will Sparks Doctor P
R.L Grime UZ
Lemaitre
Fritz Kalkbrenner
Infinity
Ink
MaRLo
Destructo
Matrix & Futurebound
What So Not
Justin Martin
Tritonal
DJ Falcon
Lee Foss
Tommie Sunshine
Jochen Miller
Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano
B U R N S
Heatbeat
Breach
Drummsound & Basslinesmith
Andrew Rayel
Hot Since 82
Djedjotronic
Solarstone
Late Nite Tuff Guy
Bryan Kearney
M4SONIC
Nick Thayer
Feenixpawl Kaz James
Generik
Acid Jacks
Nina Las Vegas
Ember
Phetsta
Uberjack’d
Aaron Camz
Nick Galea

aaron altar
07-04-2013, 09:49 AM
That's a giant collection of blah blah blah to me. I'm sure it will be a huge festival however.

deathsupport
07-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano are actually a pretty fun duo, both to watch and the music they play. It's house, not trance, but from what I remember it's pretty decent house. Don't forget about Jochen Miller! And maybe Andrew Rayel.

contra
07-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Wow, that's a great lineup!

Blue Shoes
07-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Yeah, been going to this one for the last 4 years or so now. Always good and will be amazing with the two day event this year!
Saw these line ups in the past...
http://www1.sk-static.com/images/media/img/col4/20090826-081940-739219.jpghttp://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/54779245/Stereosonic+2010+Stereosonic2010SSWeb.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR89VzBCuxLLhoDC5a4XIOCmfAIpp0Zb qkqBXRQ6uo-tR0_YZAlhttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-L7qtqnZPzGna3ofZ5WyFm6Av4wKE5xYqGcLZGM_byV0BAH58

I think with the relatively small Aus population, we're very lucky to get Stereosonic, Future Music, Creamfields (sometimes) & Summadayze all bringing this level of talent out each year. Not sure if it's a good thing that I've seen Armin 3 times now, Guetta twice, Calvin Harris twice, Avicii twice, SHM once (each bloke individually twice). Maybe that's tell you I'm too commercial but it's nice that we get such big names out here regularly.

Actually got to see Deorro (TON!C) last night at a local club. Missed him a couple of years ago when Big Fat was big but he's been pumping out big tunes lately :D

ChrisHynds
07-06-2013, 02:47 AM
Yea Ive went to the last 4, pretty much since I got to Perth, always a great line up but this year is especially good IMO

Era 7
07-06-2013, 01:54 PM
needs m0ar trouse.

:teef:

JackStalk
07-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Which of them are playing in the Deeper Shades of Trance tent?

ChrisHynds
07-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Which of them are playing in the Deeper Shades of Trance tent?

:lol: :whack:

M!TCH
07-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Amazing line up. Wish I could fly out and go to something like that!

Swelltech
07-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I am not Missing Above & Beyond or W&W. Two Days of madness that I cant wait for!

ChrisHynds
07-09-2013, 08:32 AM
I am not Missing Above & Beyond or W&W. Two Days of madness that I cant wait for!

Its safe to say, I will be as far away as possible from A&B and W&W when they are on. Where in Aus are you from?

Swelltech
07-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Haha well i missed out on A&B when they were at Metro's so I do wanna catch 'em and yeah, Perth too :)

ChrisHynds
07-09-2013, 09:17 AM
haha cool. So where in Perth are you? Do you go to many of the gigs here?

Swelltech
07-10-2013, 09:39 AM
haha cool. So where in Perth are you? Do you go to many of the gigs here?

I live down south near Mandurah. Last one i went to was Dash :) wbu?

ChrisHynds
07-10-2013, 09:42 PM
I live down south near Mandurah. Last one i went to was Dash :) wbu?

You lost me at Dash :p

I only go to the few proper trance events that are on, subculture and & enhance were the 2 most recent I was at, I also play at electrified it's an underground trance hard trance and hard dance night. The Perth scene is pretty poor tbh. Stereosonic looks huge this year tho, pretty pumped for it.

Swelltech
07-11-2013, 06:27 AM
When was Subculture?, And i was reading about electrified i wanted to go to the one at Gilkinsons, the birthday? but i couldnt

M!TCH
01-26-2014, 10:53 AM
:argh:

Why can't this ben near me?!?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31/1500917_723726977639715_1753986800_o.jpg

Era 7
01-26-2014, 12:14 PM
time to move to europe :teef:

Sedna
01-27-2014, 11:12 AM
There's a serious lack of techno and deep progressive on this billing. Still, looks like a good time. A&F B2B with JoC is amazing, I've seen that before and I'd do it again a thousand times.

JackStalk
01-27-2014, 12:49 PM
w&w was cool in like 2010 when they actually played trance

Deep N Sexy
01-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Mat Zo
Claude VonStroke
Axwell
Boys Noize and NO Alesso
Zedd (Maybe)
Ferry Corsten
Fritz Kalkbrenner

Skip the rest

By the way, Stereosonic is that the illness that affect your hearing, with beeping and shit :zany:

M!TCH
03-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Chris, some friends and I are looking at going somewhere out of the country for NYE. What's the show potential in Australia around the end of the December?

Completely unrelated, WTF?!? Damn it Gareth.

https://soundcloud.com/garethemery/sets/gareth-emery-feat-krewella

Era 7
03-07-2014, 12:15 AM
emery jumped the shark a long while ago.

ChrisHynds
03-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Chris, some friends and I are looking at going somewhere out of the country for NYE. What's the show potential in Australia around the end of the December?

Completely unrelated, WTF?!? Damn it Gareth.

https://soundcloud.com/garethemery/sets/gareth-emery-feat-krewella

Just picking up on this, what kinda night are you chasing? Underground, commercial, seedy, clean?

Sydney or Melbourne would be your best bet imo, ask Vern as well he might know a few things I dont, but when we get big Trance acts coming to Aus, they generally miss Perth as its out of the way which sucks ass majorly, in the last few months and upcoming months Sydney/Melb will have had, Patterson, Askew, Angryman, ,James Dymond, Arctic Moon, Mark Sherry, PVD, thats all I can think of for now but Perth only got PVD out of all of those names, its a fuckin joke here atm, so pissed. Anyway sorry I kinda went off on a rant there, but what Im saying is Sydney & Melbs would be your best bet if you wanna catch a big name and big party, Perth is dead, and Im not too sure about the other states.

Let me know your plans man because if you are coming over this way we could arrange a hook up (no homo)

M!TCH
03-07-2014, 06:02 PM
emery jumped the shark a long while ago.

I haven't been following him in a while. I guess I am glad.

Just picking up on this, what kinda night are you chasing? Underground, commercial, seedy, clean?

Sydney or Melbourne would be your best bet imo, ask Vern as well he might know a few things I dont, but when we get big Trance acts coming to Aus, they generally miss Perth as its out of the way which sucks ass majorly, in the last few months and upcoming months Sydney/Melb will have had, Patterson, Askew, Angryman, ,James Dymond, Arctic Moon, Mark Sherry, PVD, thats all I can think of for now but Perth only got PVD out of all of those names, its a fuckin joke here atm, so pissed. Anyway sorry I kinda went off on a rant there, but what Im saying is Sydney & Melbs would be your best bet if you wanna catch a big name and big party, Perth is dead, and Im not too sure about the other states.

Let me know your plans man because if you are coming over this way we could arrange a hook up (no homo)

Probably looking for a major event just so everyone in the group has something/someone they can go check out. We're looking at making it into a vacation so we'll be there for ~7 days. Thanks for the info on what areas to check out. I'll make sure I hit Vern up and see what he has to say. Would love to see all of those guys at the same time. We're really up for anything as long as it's a banging evening. I love underground, I am worried that it might be a bit much for the others though.

Era 7
03-11-2014, 12:27 PM
somehow poland is doing it better than germany :eek:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1797389_10152098982194584_2075632496_n.jpg

Vernski
03-11-2014, 06:59 PM
My ears a burning, I feel like my name has been mentioned a few times....:P

I always get excited hearing about DJF dudes wanting to come visit Oz. Like Chris said, as far as festivals and DJ touring, Sydney and Melbourne get the best deal out of all the country. Well Darwin doesn't even exist for promoters, any time I want to see something good, I've got to jump on a plane and fly thousands of km's to see anything. :argh: (The 200 thousand population is probably the reason or that....)

With regards to NYE in Aus, I don't think you'll see anything particularly awesome at that time of year. I think the majority if not all the best DJ's will be spread all over the world and will tend to leave Terra Australis alone :shrug: