PDA

View Full Version : House All American Rejects - Move Along (DJ Veaux Remix)

DJ-Veaux
06-26-2013, 12:31 PM
https://soundcloud.com/dj-veaux-1/all-american-rejects-move

Haven't produced in a while (which for me is two weeks :lol:), so I'm a bit rusty. That being said, I decided to make a remix of an old favorite of mine for you guys. I'd love to hear your feedback on it, I always the extra mixing/content reminders that you guys always bring to my attention :)

Hope you guys enjoy it!

- DJ Veaux

https://i3.sndcdn.com/artworks-000051544824-b2in9x-t200x200.jpg?69e2a4e

Dj DRPX
06-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Wow, no one giving feedback but 40 views?

(Another) Great track Veaux! I always love hearing your stuff.
Loved the intro to the vocals at 1:00.
Great synth work all around
Nice breakdown
That chorus at 2:00 is amazing! Full of energy that's perfect for the track!
Overall good mixing and mastering. Great sub bass!

Great track man! Well done!

Edit: Can't rep for the great track because I've repped you too much :P

Blue Shoes
06-26-2013, 09:49 PM
I used to love this song. When you mixed different genres, you caught my eye. But I didn't have high hope for this track as house remix. But you nailed it. The tune sound terrific. the different instruments work really nicely with each other.

I thought the vocals at about 1:15 got lost behind the bass a little but overall I thought it was great. A great transition from rock to house. :)

SkepticalPanda
06-27-2013, 03:58 AM
Teach me.

Blue Shoes
06-27-2013, 04:21 AM
Teach me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZgE5dMF6fM

"Dude, Teach me!"

DJ-Veaux
06-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Teach me.

I'll do it, for

http://i.qkme.me/35ze3t.jpg

:lol: Though honestly, if you have any questions just send them my way and I'll try to answer them.

I used to love this song. When you mixed different genres, you caught my eye. But I didn't have high hope for this track as house remix. But you nailed it. The tune sound terrific. the different instruments work really nicely with each other.

I thought the vocals at about 1:15 got lost behind the bass a little but overall I thought it was great. A great transition from rock to house. :)

Personally, I think the vocals could've stood out more in the track altogether, but after tweaking and tweaking it I couldn't make them stand out without drastically reducing the other parts so I decide to go settle at this middle ground. I also think the tracks a bit too crowded at some parts but if that wasn't instantly noticeable by you guys then I won't worry about it too much ;)

DJ-Veaux
06-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Wow, no one giving feedback but 40 views?

(Another) Great track Veaux! I always love hearing your stuff.
Loved the intro to the vocals at 1:00.
Great synth work all around
Nice breakdown
That chorus at 2:00 is amazing! Full of energy that's perfect for the track!
Overall good mixing and mastering. Great sub bass!

Great track man! Well done!

Edit: Can't rep for the great track because I've repped you too much :P

Glad I can make your day a bit better with my tracks :D Though in the context of repping there will come a time when we will rep but IT IS NOT THIS DAY!

Felix Fx
06-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Wow man! I'm really loving the energy! The synths are making my day and I just couldn't sit still after the drop. Personally I would've maybe replaced some uplifting element of the buildup with a white noise sweep, and cut out more instruments in the last 4 "silent" beats before the actual drop to just blow the anticipation through the roof, but that's just me :D all in all, another awesome track!

+rep :P

DJ-Veaux
06-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Wow man! I'm really loving the energy! The synths are making my day and I just couldn't sit still after the drop. Personally I would've maybe replaced some uplifting element of the buildup with a white noise sweep, and cut out more instruments in the last 4 "silent" beats before the actual drop to just blow the anticipation through the roof, but that's just me :D all in all, another awesome track!

+rep :P

Yeah, now that you mention it I guess that little teaser would definitely help :lol: Glad you still enjoyed it! I tried to return the rep favor, but sadly DJ forums decided I've been a little too kind with my rep :cry:

Blue Shoes
06-28-2013, 01:07 AM
The loop is pretty short and it works. How did you come up with it. Was it something in your head that you recreated during production or did just just start messing around in the piano roll?

Listening again, I'm noticing bits I didn't even pick up on before. There's an instrument that comes in at 3:35 that I didn't even notice (somehow) the first time I listened. The whole thing just flows really well. There's no part where I'm thinking "that instrument just doesn't fit with the rest".

The intro kinda reminds of of Martin Solveig - Hello now that I'm hearing it again

Is this a studio acapella?

DJ-Veaux
06-28-2013, 12:06 PM
The loop is pretty short and it works. How did you come up with it. Was it something in your head that you recreated during production or did just just start messing around in the piano roll?

Listening again, I'm noticing bits I didn't even pick up on before. There's an instrument that comes in at 3:35 that I didn't even notice (somehow) the first time I listened. The whole thing just flows really well. There's no part where I'm thinking "that instrument just doesn't fit with the rest".

The intro kinda reminds of of Martin Solveig - Hello now that I'm hearing it again

Is this a studio acapella?

I like my easter eggs what can I say :lol:

Yep, it is a studio acapella (found it browsing around youtube so it's not the greatest of quality)

And actually, I took the idea from a breakdown in another remix (BUSTED! :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2CfRPiyI8I

danny_bee86
06-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Very well made remix. As others have said the energy in the song is brilliant and to take a Rock track and remix it to a House track is respectable. The breakdown at 3:30 is easily my favourite bit into a very nice drop.

Keep up the good work, thanks for taking time to listen to my remix as well. Its appreciated.

-DLB

DJ-Veaux
08-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Sorry to bring it back from the grave but I thought I'd let anyone who might be interested to know that's free to download! (and SORRY! I haven't corrected the lack-of-bassiness because my dad is still being obstinate about me getting bigger studio monitors :P)

Link is still the same!

https://soundcloud.com/dj-veaux-1/all-american-rejects-move