PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting jz416 vs Doug More - Electro House Battle

JonAvalon
06-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Mix 1 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847651/Battles/dougmore-vs-jz416-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847651/Battles/dougmore-vs-jz416-2.mp3)

Rules:
20 - 30 Minutes.
No after editing obviously.

Dharry
06-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Not the usual stuff i listen to so my comments are limited ...i voted for what i liked the sound of....

mix 1-upbeat tempo from the start, great beat and energy...quality sounding mix and good mixing skills....great job!

mix 2-interesting intro..feel the energy straight away and like how the beat and tempo is switched about but maintains a consistent electro house sound..great skillful mixing and again a great job!

i voted for mix two as i found it an interesting mix and i loved the energy,mix one was good also but no surprises and for me, i like to be surprised and intrigued by the music and my interest kept.

Good luck with the battle guys!

alazydj
06-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Gotta spread some more rep before you get some more Dharry :P

Easiest way for that to happen is for more people to vote!!!

Baller95
06-26-2013, 05:14 PM
I'll listen and post after :tup:

Baller95
06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Alright, typing as I listen so here's what I think -

Mix 1 - Can some one give me a track ID for the track at 5:01 for this mix? I liked the tracks in this mix, definitaly electro houssy (if that's a word :P). Transitions were pretty good other than the one I heard that seemed slightly off beat. Track at 12:18 came in a bit loud but gains were good other wise. Was that a back spin of yours at 12:59? I liked it! Ohh I liked that baby scratch at 17:50 and 19:42 haha! "Slow Down" was played out for long but it's a good track so I can't complain. Liked your use of the filter and EQ's. This was a good mix overall.

Mix 2 - Hmm, interesting intro. First tracks got a nice beat but not really digging the vocals, not that it matters though. I did like that pogo remix though. Transitions are good but slight beat clashing at 10:30 for about 20 seconds. Ohh transition into the track at 14:20 kinda felt like it killed the flow and I'm not really digging this track though it does have a nice beat (Lyrics: We come on your legs, we come on your smile :lol:). Another good mix overall.

I don't vote based on track selection but both mixes had good tracks. Both mixes were technically good other than a couple of hiccups here and there. This is a tough battle/choice but I'll give it to mix one for the well use of filter, EQ and bit of beat stuttering for cool effects. So, mix 1 it is. Good job boys :tup:

alazydj
06-28-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm happy people are voting.

But ghost votes are pretty stupid :teef:

If you don't say you voted, I can't rep you. And because I can't rep you, I can't rep Baller because I have to spread it around.

Ghost votes are a problem.

Baller95
06-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Ghost votes are a problem.

Agreed! Now say who voted so I can get my rep :teef:

de.j.l
06-28-2013, 09:45 AM
I voted #1 as I found it had better leveling throughout the mix which is a huge deal when you throw down on a big system.

jcwahl86
07-03-2013, 01:23 PM
voted for mix 2. I like the energy and song choice.

Funkyfader
07-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Im going with mix 1 because i liked the tracks more and the transitions felt tighter than mix 2.On mix 2 from 10:27 there was an ugly transition.

Both mixes were good,but im going with #1.

Also i suggest from now on uploading a 320kbps mp3 since we are using external storage,this goes for mix 2.

Skasja
07-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Not sorry at all for resurrecting this thread: bot mixes are top notch!

Mix 1: tons of energy, maybe a bit repetitive during second half.

Mix 2: less 'standard' tracks, fantastic buildup getting more and more exciting toward the end.

Listened 3 times, couldn't find anything wrong/clashing around 10:27...

jz416
07-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Not sorry at all for resurrecting this thread: bot mixes are top notch!

Mix 1: tons of energy, maybe a bit repetitive during second half.

Mix 2: less 'standard' tracks, fantastic buildup getting more and more exciting toward the end.

Listened 3 times, couldn't find anything wrong/clashing around 10:27...

I did let the beat slip off a bit at 10:27... If your a new DJ, the same thing happened to me a couple months ago, and i would suggest eliminating all computers from your setup.

My 2 month camping trip is taking a short break due to a severe infection behind my eye (orbital cellulitis for you doctors)
Thanks everyone for all the feedback and thanks dougmore for the great battle.

Interesting observation about 14:20 baller, only because i feel there was one more transition that was far worse in terms of energy and flow in my mix.