PDA

View Full Version : What External Sound card to buy for my decks?

David Clarke
02-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm reasonably new to the world of DJ'ing, and a few months ago I bought a Numark Mixtrack, which is very good. However This version does not have an internal soundcard, which means I am unable to Cue, which is a pain in ***. I discovered I would need to buy an external sound card, but I am unsure on which one to buy :confused: , as a student money is tight, so need to be certain on what is the best option for my Numark mixtrack.

Would appreciate it if you guys helped me on this one and offered some feedback :)

Thank you

Dix
02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
I use the NI Audio 2 DJ.. its about $100. Maybe you can find it around $80.

Nicadraus
02-29-2012, 07:30 PM
You will need a 4-out sound card so the NI Audio2 is not what you need. Get an Audio 4 instead or if you want a cheaper alternative, the Maya 44 is your bet. :)

mostapha
02-29-2012, 07:48 PM
No, the Audio 2 is the right card to use with a Mixtrack if he has no other equipment. An alternative would be the Numark DJ I/O, or I think Reloop makes one as well depending on where he lives. But the Audio 2 is a better card.

Nicadraus
03-01-2012, 03:55 AM
No, the Audio 2 is the right card to use with a Mixtrack if he has no other equipment. An alternative would be the Numark DJ I/O, or I think Reloop makes one as well depending on where he lives. But the Audio 2 is a better card.

According to Numark, the Mixtrack needs 4 outputs. The Audio only has 2.

mostapha
03-01-2012, 07:23 AM
The mixtrack needs 4 mono outputs. The Audio 2 has 2 stereo outputs.

The Audio 4 also has 4 mono outputs, it just costs more because it also has inputs that he probably won't use.

Waterbeat
03-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Go with the NI Audio 2 DJ. The sound is great, the unit is reliable, and it has hardware level controls on it for both channels. Other than the unit's driver, no other software needs to be run to control volume.

Austin GoGreen
03-01-2012, 09:29 AM
I have a new, in the box Numark DJ/IO soundcard I will sell to you! Give me 50% of what they are selling for now plus shipping. It shouldn't be over $7 if you're in the US. IM me if interested. Peace

David Clarke
04-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Hey guys sorry for the late reply, my internet has been down for ages, I'v decided to order an NI audio 2 DJ external soundcard, following your advice and several reviews :) And thanks for the offer Austin but i'm going to see how the this new one performs :)

Boomcie
04-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Plus you get the full version of Traktor Pro free, not a bad deal for $100. I'm not really a digital guy, but I might buy one just for the awesome deal

mufutau55
04-27-2012, 03:20 PM
I thought it is only bundled with FREE Traktor LE not Traktor Pro, at least that is what I got with mine.. then I may be wrong.

Mufutau

mostapha
04-27-2012, 03:38 PM
It was. They changed it recently (same time they got rid of TS Duo). It might not have been rolled out yet, so it might not be in the packages. There might be a way to upgrade online depending on when you registered.

mufutau55
04-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Wow! That is very good of NI. It has been long time (about 3 years ago) that I bought and registered mine.. It has been upgraded several times since then, now with the latest v2.x waiting for the FREE upgrade of v2.5. Thanks for the update..

Mufutau

It was. They changed it recently (same time they got rid of TS Duo). It might not have been rolled out yet, so it might not be in the packages. There might be a way to upgrade online depending on when you registered.

mostapha
04-27-2012, 05:48 PM
I didn't know it was retroactive. That's awesome.

Maybe they're trying to make up for the FS2 -> TS fiasco.

ampnation
04-27-2012, 06:31 PM
So lets see... TP 2/2.5 is supposed to be $89 MSRP and I can get an Audio 2 with TP 2/2.5 for $99. I wonder which one I'll buy.

David Clarke
04-27-2012, 07:34 PM
EXACTLY! Never realized that was part of the deal till last minuet, was well made up haha, Traktor pro 2 will be sick to use