PDA

View Full Version : Decent Rental (San Diego, Ca)

SirJulius
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
So I just got offered to do a big (bigger than what I'm use to at least) gig in San Diego. I didn't want to turn it down due to the lack of equipment I have, so I'm hoping to find a good, reputable place I can rent speakers and maybe lights from. I checked yelp/google and all I can find were places that offered Peavy PR15D's or Mackie Thumps. Although the site says the speakers can do gigs up to 350 people, I don't even think my RCF310A's can do 100. I'm hoping to rent maybe a decent pair of tops and maybe a pair of subs to go along with my current setup of two RCF310A's and an EV ELX118P for a high school dance. Anyone know of any places in San Diego that offers decent sound packages? Maybe even one with lighting and one that can deliver? Any help/info is much appreciated. And sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Oh and I know that I shouldn't really mix subs. But I want to hear for myself if adding my own sub to the ones I rent will make that much of a negative affect as oppose to a better one.

Rick_N
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Check with United Records in north park, they rent out everything

Also if you want someone to bring the sound out for you or maybe rent(?) check out freebass audio, or maybe funktion one(not sure on the name of this last one but I think its that)

Interracial Tea
02-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Audio Design on El Cajon Blvd is alright. It's pretty cheap (75/night for two speakers and 60/night for two lights) and their stuff works.

Thanks for mentioning United Records. I've never heard of them until now.

Rick_N
02-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Ya united records is the only place that I know of that carries a wide variety of vinyl, and most of it is electronic music, which is cool. They also got sick ass dj shirts and other things, def check it out.

Interracial Tea
02-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Def will now. DVS Muzik is about five minutes away from my house, but I they're mad expensive about everything (record pools, renting, it's ridiculous) and more oriented towards Hip Hop.

I'll probably start a San Diego thread in the Regional section. Look out for that ish.

SirJulius
02-29-2012, 12:34 AM
United looks like it has some good stuff and good prices. I like the packages they offer too. I saw Apex before, but on the site it only shows that they have Peavy's and those Mackie's as tops, and I'm not sure of the quality. United has QSC and Yorkville as options for around the same price, so I'm leaning towards them unless there's another place with either better value or better pricing.

Rick_N
02-29-2012, 12:36 AM
United is the go to place around here for a lot of people, the owner is laid back also. You just got to actually talk to him. Give them a call I'm sure they'll hook you up with what you need.