PDA

View Full Version : NAMM 2012: A&H Xone: K2

Will MaXimal
02-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Allen & Heath are known for making quality products. They were one of the first to combine high class mixing with total software control with mixers like the Xone: 4D and high quality stand alone controllers like the Xone: 1D and Xone: 2D.

When A&H started off with the new Xone: DB2 mixer they gave us the capability to link the new Xone: K2 with it. This new addition allows you to build your own system of control for your Dj and/or DAW software. The cool thing about the Xone: K2 is that it has its own sound card so with two of these controllers you wont need a mixer at all, you even have a headphone jack for your softwares cue system.

With this new system added to their line, we can only wonder what new controllers A&H is developing to allow us to link together a whole system of control.

ad4exRW57kc

lovecitydjs
02-07-2012, 12:11 AM
i like where they're going with this

DJ ArmanB
02-07-2012, 05:44 AM
I can't wait till this is out in the USA. Does anybody have any idea when we can expect this to hit stores?

MeowMix
02-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Well the soundcard in it is only 16bit. I wouldnt use it at a club but if you are doing something impromptu or in ragged settings than this thing is a killer as small carry on controller.

BrokenArr0w
02-07-2012, 09:45 AM
That is brilliant! man I love Allen & Heath

JGeffen
02-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Loved the review, swervo

... And then I found $5

Will MaXimal
02-07-2012, 11:15 AM
We can expect to see it around March, but there was a rumor that there was a fault with the case and that it could push the release date back but i cannot confirm. Its a great controller and A&H does not spare any expense when it comes to build quality.

Keep in mind with the new link system we might see more controllers come out by the end of the year.

DJ ArmanB
02-07-2012, 01:44 PM
We can expect to see it around March, but there was a rumor that there was a fault with the case and that it could push the release date back but i cannot confirm. Its a great controller and A&H does not spare any expense when it comes to build quality.

Keep in mind with the new link system we might see more controllers come out by the end of the year.

That link system is making me wanna sell half my stuff and purchase a DB4 along with the k2 or something :eek:

Andrew B
02-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Well the soundcard in it is only 16bit.

CD quality. Nothing wrong with that.

Atomisk
02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
CD quality. Nothing wrong with that.

Wouldn't the audio signal get degraded if you're playing 2 songs at once? Or is it 16bit per channel?

Andrew B
02-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Wouldn't the audio signal get degraded if you're playing 2 songs at once? Or is it 16bit per channel?

Up to four stereo 16-bit channels.

Claude Perdu
02-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Was really interested in this when it was first announced, but curious on a full feature spec on the next NI controller before I'd shell out money on anything.

And slightly off topic, what's that track used in the intro splash, it's killing me! Something Popof no?

oliosky
02-07-2012, 10:56 PM
a&h must be itching to get this thing into the marketplace before the modular midi invasion

Firebr4nd
02-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Anyone know the estimated price on this thing yet?

Liam
02-08-2012, 03:12 AM
Anyone know the estimated price on this thing yet?

Around £200 so it's not too badly priced.

I played with one at BPM along with the DB2/DB4 and was quite impressed with it, i would have zero use for it and it kind of lost me but someone who can put it to use would love it.