PDA

View Full Version : Please help me pick a good DMX software

ercandelaria
02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Ok my friends uncle has a sound/visual business and he mentioned me that he needs somebody to control hes led tvs onstage for events (displaying video of events, photos for certain performers and or video provided by performer/cool visual effects. SO I would be working with 2 LED screens I am new to all of this BUT I have experience in adobe AE and photoshop. I believe he has a 512 controller (will be back with specifics soon) So where do I start I know that I need a usb dmx to connect my laptop. what software do you guys recommend any links to tutorials? I am searching endlessly for the time being. It seems like a very interesting field.

Thanks for your time
~Erick

instinct
02-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Ok my friends uncle has a sound/visual business and he mentioned me that he needs somebody to control hes led tvs onstage for events (displaying video of events, photos for certain performers and or video provided by performer/cool visual effects. SO I would be working with 2 LED screens I am new to all of this BUT I have experience in adobe AE and photoshop. I believe he has a 512 controller (will be back with specifics soon) So where do I start I know that I need a usb dmx to connect my laptop. what software do you guys recommend any links to tutorials? I am searching endlessly for the time being. It seems like a very interesting field.

Thanks for your time
~Erick

Kind of confused. When you say LED TV's, do you mean like LED Panels (like this: http://livedesignonline.com/gear/projection/LEDScreen.gif), or a LED LCD Television (Like a TV you would have in your house)? If he owns the business then wouldn't he more likely be the one making the decision. Also, is he going to have you run Visuals via DMX? Really need to find out what equipment you will be working on first..

Seems like you shouldn't be looking at DMX programs as much as you should visualization programs (Arkaos, Modul8, Resolume). But then again, I'm not too sure. Give us more info!