PDA

View Full Version : Photo booth

djshellyshell
02-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Not sure if you guys are using a photo booth it it has helped to almost double what I get for a wedding. This year I'm looking to upgrade my enclosure. Any idea where I can find a "pop up" enclosure with custom drapes. The pipe and drape take too long to set up and doesn't look as great when all set up. Looks like curtains on poles. Any suggestion for a place to buy custome enclosure would be great.

Da Animal
02-28-2012, 06:03 PM
If you are handy at all, you can build one out of extruded t-slot aluminum. Here is a site for the some plans for the frame. I modified mine some, made it a little sturdier. http://www.framexpert.com/media/uploads/samples/m17/model-17-8020-bom.pdf

If I get time I will get some pics of mine up.

DJ Donnie Lewis
02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I have a traditional sit down booth and it has generated decent business for me

Mike D
03-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Awesome, I was just going to start a thread on this because I want to know what the program is that allows you to take photos, then stream them to a monitor throughout the night. Sort of like a slide show, but it's pulling from a folder and always up****** itself. Wasn't sure if this is a whole photo booth program or something separate.

I too use the pipes and curtains, but I made mine with Galvanized Steel, it hides the pipes better then PVC (though I just finished one this weekend with PVC also). It's an awesome money maker, I love it. But I want to add the slide show portion I just can't find the software and I know someone on the old DJF knew what it was.

Ampedproductions
03-02-2012, 09:59 AM
We started offering a "photobooth"

My wife has always been an am amateur photographer, so we i ran the idea of a photobooth by her she jumped at the idea to take the pics herself. She goes and sets up a backdrop and her flashes, and takes pic of people dressed up from her tickle trunk. She brings an assistant and snaps pics. Lots of fun. They can preview there photos on a 20" LED tv we bought. Works pretty slick.

http://www.ampedproductions.ca/images/photobooth1.jpg

djshellyshell
03-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Awesome, I was just going to start a thread on this because I want to know what the program is that allows you to take photos, then stream them to a monitor throughout the night. Sort of like a slide show, but it's pulling from a folder and always up****** itself. Wasn't sure if this is a whole photo booth program or something separate.

I too use the pipes and curtains, but I made mine with Galvanized Steel, it hides the pipes better then PVC (though I just finished one this weekend with PVC also). It's an awesome money maker, I love it. But I want to add the slide show portion I just can't find the software and I know someone on the old DJF knew what it was.

This is the system that I use... http://www.breezesys.com/PSRemote/photobooth.htm. It has the ability to do a slide but I've never set it up. They have directions on their site.

I also uses the galvanized steel. Looks good but it takes way to long for me to setup and break own. I found a pop up enclosure that may work. I just need to find someone to make me the custom fabric.

Mike D
03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
If you are handy at all, you can build one out of extruded t-slot aluminum. Here is a site for the some plans for the frame. I modified mine some, made it a little sturdier. http://www.framexpert.com/media/uploads/samples/m17/model-17-8020-bom.pdf

If I get time I will get some pics of mine up.

Ha! I just opened this and saw it's an 80/20 design. The owner lives just down the road from me, that's awesome.

Da Animal
03-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Ha! I just opened this and saw it's an 80/20 design. The owner lives just down the road from me, that's awesome.

I have nothing but love for 80/20 Lol. More of their metal in my garage and gear than anything else!

The photobooth is generating as much if not more money than the djing is right now. Even the non-profits are booking it with the understanding that I will charge a per photo price and am willing to split the profits with them.

As for your other question Mike, I am using Photoboof 7 and it allows for a slide show, very easy to configure too.

Mike D
03-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the software, I'm all over that as soon as I call them about some compatibility questions. Also, I talked with my boss and am going to use PVC then cover it with cloth for the booth. I think I can make it collapsible also, which could be awesome. I'll post pics when I do it, won't be till the summer though.