PDA

View Full Version : New VJ software "Videoweave"

Subpoly Studios
06-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Please check out the indiegogo campaign page for my new VJ software (http://igg.me/at/VideoweaveSoftware/x/3465936), we could really use some support.

We plan for it to be the cheapest 4 channel videomixer on the market, with a full retail price of only 60. Pre release copies can be bought right now at a 25% discount, making them only 45. It is an extremely intuitive piece of software and mapping MIDI controllers is simple. You can see the alpha version in action on the indiegogo page.

If you're interested you can also follow us on twitter @SubpolyStudios , or like our Facebook page for videoweave (www.facebook.com/Videoweave) for updates on the software

Synaxis
06-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Hmm, Interesting. How is the software resource wise? Would a second PC be required to run it? Have you tested interference with VDJ, Traktor, Serato? How would you split the USB connection in that case, if one wanted to run two separate PCs with a single controller?

Subpoly Studios
06-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks for your reply Synaxis

If by resource wise you been cpu usage, it is reasonably intensive at the moment and still requires some optimisation before going into the full release phases, however I can run it comfortably along side traktor on my amd fx8120 with the max cpu spike being around 45% when dropping tracks onto the decks.

You could run it on the same computer as your DJ software using the same controller if you map some of the controls to the VJ software, and you could run Videoweave in windowed mode on the same screen as your Dj software or on an external display.

Im not sure how you would do that in regards to using a single controller with seperate PCs, but i dont think it will be necessary to use a second pc if you have a reasonably powerful laptop or desktop.