PDA

View Full Version : New website design...

pertytown
02-28-2012, 02:06 PM
My partner re-built my website, he designed everything, and also made some custom graphics. I did some of The hand coding (he knows quite a bit, but not all of it). Would like some feedback please (and thank you!). www.pertytownmusic.com

Stirred
02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
On your services page, I wouldn't be so repetitive with the bullets. Sometimes, less is more. Maybe do a catch all intro that highlights the items that come with all packages. (i.e. all packages come with X, Y and Z)

Do you really need to tell them that you get a "huge library of music"?

I would also clean up the platinum package image on the main page... define the lettering a little more. Looks like a blur.

ALSO... the header... the stars kinda take away from the header... dont know how you have it created... but if you could move the stars to the back with one or 2 peeking in front to give a 3d feel...

Other than that... Good job

djshellyshell
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM
I would recommend having the "media" photo's right on the home page. You only have about 5 secs to keep a client on your page. This can help to keep them there a bit longer. The home page should be very inviting.

Sween
02-28-2012, 02:54 PM
I was going to suggest you put some photos on your main page...

But while looking through your photos I got scared when I saw this... What is that kid/woman doing? Looks like you were about to rape her.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sjwonder/DJ%20Photos/DSC_0083.jpg

And I wanted to reach through your webpage and slap you when I saw this...

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/sjwonder/DJ%20Photos/DSC_0070.jpg

^^Get the bad wiring photos out of there. Post some of your better pics (there ARE some good ones) on the main pages and anchor some flyover text to the photos.

:tup:

jazzyj
02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
My partner re-built my website, he designed everything, and also made some custom graphics. I did some of The hand coding (he knows quite a bit, but not all of it). Would like some feedback please (and thank you!). www.pertytownmusic.com (http://www.pertytownmusic.com)

On Services: I would move the icons down on each package so that the top of the icon meets with the top of the first bullet point.

I use DJIntelligence too, and I feel like having availability and quote on there is duplication. I mean is there a point in getting a quote if you're not available, and is there a point in finding out availability if you're not going to get a free quote? I linked all of mine together in the DJI settings, and now when they go to quote, they go to availability first, then on to quote, booking, etc. And the same goes with the booking link. It's up to you, just feels like duplication.

ps - the "Home" link in each of DJI pages doesn't work. It's pointing at a wrong page somewhere along the way.

Quentin Legend
02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Do you really need to tell them that you get a "huge library of music"?

ALSO... the header... the stars kinda take away from the header... dont know how you have it created... but if you could move the stars to the back with one or 2 peeking in front to give a 3d feel...

^^^^^^ ---- This.

Not a big deal but TBH the menu tabs look hideous (The silver/gray). :)