PDA

View Full Version : Wireless DMX

Sween
02-28-2012, 07:14 AM
I remember there being a few wireless DMX discussions on DJF1.0, but it looks like none here yet...

I want to set up the following...

A wireless transmitter at my computer that will simultaneously transmit to multiple receivers... 2 to start, maybe more in the future. I only use one universe at a time, so it does not need to do multi-universe.

I only want to have (3) units, so the transmitter needs to send the same signal to both receivers on the same frequency. (or 2 frequencies simultaneously)

I was looking at Blizzard... if I got 1 lightcaster and 2 wicicles, would that do the trick? Are there cheaper options? I don't think this needs to be expensive at all. There would always be line of sight.

DJStevieRay
02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Yes the Blizzard setup will do exactly what you ask. I use the Lightcaster with 20 wicicle receivers without issue. Line of site is not really an issue either. I have my lightcaster mounted inside of my coffin, so it is transmitting through 3/8" Plywood, and carpeting, with a wireless laptop no less than an inch away from it, and I have had uplights setup about 150 ft. away with no issues whatsoever.

Ryan Ruel
02-28-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm using the Chauvet D-Fi units. I have 1 transmitter and 4 receivers now, not one problem.

BillESC
02-29-2012, 08:04 PM
The Blizzards can be had for less than the Chauvet units. I know, I'm a dealer for both.

Ntertainment
02-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Bill do both of them have an external power supply?

DJStevieRay
02-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Yes, but the WiCicle's can also be powered by Battery operated Pucks without the need for the power supply.

DJ M&M
02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
woot bills back

Synaxis
03-01-2012, 12:42 AM
woot bills back

Beat me too it :argh::argh:

+1 on the Blizzard Units. They take up way less space and seem like they are less of a hassle.