PDA

View Full Version : Customized Console

DJStevieRay
05-21-2013, 02:17 PM
I posted this about a year ago in the Mobile Section, and never thought about posting it on this section.

Mr. Arnoldo Offerman inspired me to share my new Odyssey case. I purchased an Odyssey NS7-FX case, and made some heavy modifications to occomodate my needs including rack mounting 3 1U rack units and my Pioneer DDJ-S1.

Modified Odyssey NS7-FX case to fit a DDJ-S1 & 3 1U rack mount devices as well as some other devices. Case in total holds...
Pioneer DDJ-S1
1 Furman PL-Plus C
1 ART 341 15 EQ
2 EV RE2N7 Handheld Wireless Microphones
1 Blizzard EclipseDMX dongle
1 Blizzard Lightcaster Wireless DMX
1 A&H XD2-53 Headphones
2 2011 MacBook Pro's
1 MiniDisplayPort to dual HDMI connector

http://youtu.be/Ki4wZvkMvK8

The only change to the case since I made the video, is now I have a Wireless HDMI transmitter mounted in it.

DJzrule
05-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Fantastic job. The wireless really must make setup a lot easier! I wish my NS6 had more room underneath in my flightcase to mount a wireless system/EQ.

DJStevieRay
05-22-2013, 07:13 AM
It does make things simple. My biggest fear, is my testi's are going to start glowing from all the radio frequencies around them while I am standing there working my console. 2.4GHz HDMI Transmitter, 2.4GHz DMX transmitter, and 2 (600MHz range) Wireless Mics.

DJzrule
05-22-2013, 08:34 AM
It does make things simple. My biggest fear, is my testi's are going to start glowing from all the radio frequencies around them while I am standing there working my console. 2.4GHz HDMI Transmitter, 2.4GHz DMX transmitter, and 2 (600MHz range) Wireless Mics.

Lead jockstrap?

djpenguin
05-22-2013, 09:51 AM

Radio waves are non-ionizing radiation. They do not have enough energy to break apart cells or molecules, and are therefore unlikely to cause cancer.

DJStevieRay
05-22-2013, 10:20 AM
LOL, I did not think I needed to add the j/k to the end of that post.