PDA

View Full Version : Advance Tranistions

DJ Hi Def
02-27-2012, 03:34 PM
I've noticed i've been using the same transition for a while :freak:, i'm not really a scratch Dj, i was wondering what are some other ways to transition between tracks besides the basic 5... Thanks for the help will rep :tup:

g-sep
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Deck 1 playing out
Deck 2 bringing in, bass turned all the way down

Have deck 2 at full volume after 8 bars

On 4th kick drop out deck 1 while turning up bass on deck 2, turn bass back down after kick and bring deck 1 back in

repeat in an interesting pattern for your mix

I've seen Laidback Luke do this before, but your incoming track has to have almost the same energy level kick as the one already playing.

*G*.~JerryMoon
03-08-2012, 07:04 AM
get creative when your bringin tracks in i try to look for vocals in a track that dont have a lot behind them so u can mix track 2s vocals with track 1 (the one you"ll be mixing out) or i'll loop just before the kick starts on one track let the loop build then ill switch the bass really fast or even use your effects for example i also like to put a hpf on the incoming track while the second track fades out kinda makes a cool sounding blend and all you have to do is adjust the cutoff

theres tons of things you can do just muck around while you practice you'll be surprised what u come up with plus different mixing styles make you mixes a bit more dynamic