PDA

View Full Version : Adding a rental subforum to classifieds?

DJ Higgumz
05-12-2013, 09:50 PM
I think it would be a good idea for people to say I am looking to rent X light or speaker for X amount of time, and if anyone is nearby they could contact them and rent out their equipment.

Synaxis
05-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Hmm, not a bad idea. Especially if your equipment breaks and you need to rent/borrow something on short notice. Or if DJs who don't have gigs at the moment because of other obligations or reasons can rent out their equipment which is sitting useless anyway.

DJ Higgumz
05-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Cause I have some big events coming up, I could sure use some more movers by milwaukee! ;)

jamesmington
06-11-2013, 03:13 AM
I could see: Austin - For Rent: 2 x QSC HPR 122

Sounds like a pretty great idea!

Will MaXimal
06-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Do you really think there is a big enough interest for members to be loaning out their equipment?

It seems like such a rare case that a request for equipment could be made in one of the existing sub-forums either regional or general.

Remember, regulating of such transactions would be completely separate from the site :tup:

allensmusic
06-11-2013, 03:56 PM
You couldnt have a rental thread.
Picture it.
lets say a thousand people have each posted what they own and have for rent.
then I get on and need something. how will I find it? read every post? or will everyone that needs something also post? or will everyone have to check it every day, and post every day?

The thread would have to be similar to craigslist. it would have to have several sections, multiple regions, and all easily searchable.

Dix
06-11-2013, 05:28 PM
I think the idea was for someone needing equipment would post. Others could read the posts & if they are local, could reply to the thread saying he has "X" equipment that would be comparable to what the OP states that he is needing. At least that what I would think.

However, in reality, I'm with Will, in that I don't think there is enough need for a specific forum on the subject of rental. However, I am not opposed to it.