PDA

View Full Version : I made a custom MIDI controller, what do you think?

BusterTheCat
05-09-2013, 01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyReg7Fs9J4

So I turned rebuilt my MIDI controller into my old Super Nintendo.

Took a bit of time to do, but I think it looks pretty cool!

Anyone else tried making interesting looking controllers?

Dubphyte
05-09-2013, 01:32 PM
It's great as a novelty, but in my opinion, not that great as a proper controller. I can see some of the controls being quite difficult to use quickly

BOWNSIR
05-09-2013, 01:47 PM
I can always appreciate a good DIY midi project. What dev board did you use? I like the use of the remote controller as part of the setup.

Tektonix
05-09-2013, 02:18 PM
That was pretty fucking awesome man, I really enjoyed the routine as well.

98 Percent Chimp
05-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Is that a midi fighter or did you build it from scratch?

fat8ack
05-09-2013, 02:41 PM
It's great as a novelty, but in my opinion, not that great as a proper controller. I can see some of the controls being quite difficult to use quickly

Novelty? That is just like a MIDI Fighter, that is pro gear man. What is a proper controller? With controllers you options can spread as far as your imagination. Difficult to use quickly? Well then spend a week learning your way around the controls and how they integrate with the software.

OP enjoy some rep man that is killer, I love it!

Robby Luca
05-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Pretty awesome man!

Dubphyte
05-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Novelty? That is just like a MIDI Fighter, that is pro gear man. What is a proper controller? With controllers you options can spread as far as your imagination. Difficult to use quickly? Well then spend a week learning your way around the controls and how they integrate with the software.

OP enjoy some rep man that is killer, I love it!

The actual bit on the console is pretty sweet and i can see being pretty easy to use, but a couple times in the mix he uses the controller. Although it's a pretty neat feature, I can't see it being easy to carry on picking up and putting down that little controller.

fat8ack
05-09-2013, 03:45 PM
I can't see it being easy

Who ever said this was going to be easy? If you think DJing is based off of how easy things are to do......then you are doing it wrong bro. It is called practice man. :facepalm::shrug:

jz416
05-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Super sick man, have you considered selling these?
Contact DJ Tech Tools, if i were them i would agree to sell them through the website.

Zafire
05-09-2013, 06:51 PM
:lol: that is sick dude. Decent mix on it too :tup:

Dubphyte
05-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Who ever said this was going to be easy? If you think DJing is based off of how easy things are to do......then you are doing it wrong bro. It is called practice man. :facepalm::shrug:

Stop twisting my words! :mad:

I meant it can't be easy to carry on picking up and putting down that little controller! I understand you never judge DJing on how easy things are to pick up, but i'm sure you'd rather have something which is easy to use rather than something which is extremely difficult to use.

DJNR
05-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Super sick man, have you considered selling these?
Contact DJ Tech Tools, if i were them i would agree to sell them through the website.

Not to rain on OPs parade, but the controller looks like a MIDI fighter thrown into a Super Nintendo body. I doubt DJTT would sell it because it doesn't look like it would be very easy to carry around and because it's really just a MIDI fighter.

Aside from that, I think it's a cool concept.

Phil Noize
05-10-2013, 03:54 AM
Very individual and very nicely done!! :tup:

DTR
05-10-2013, 07:02 AM
I have no idea what I'm looking at (and that music... http://dnbforum.com/images/smilies/new_burn.gif but whatever it is, it looks like you've done a tidy job. Repped :tup:

TheRabbitMonk
05-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Impressive. Did it take much work to do something like that?

I find it annoying and very typical that you try and show something on the net in good will and there's always some nob who wants to give you shit. In reference to one of the comments on your vid.

DjLiquitATL
05-11-2013, 06:55 PM
yup, looks like a midi fighter built in, dope little setup with the Z2...

contra
05-11-2013, 07:36 PM
So what is the controller being used for? Triggering effects?

DjLiquitATL
05-11-2013, 09:35 PM
So what is the controller being used for? Triggering effects?

triggering fx, cues, loops, etc...there are multiple mappings avail on djtt

DJNR
05-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Not to mention you could map it yourself.

Mark_Spit
05-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Well done and very clean!

I would have liked to see the work done step by step just to see how you wired everything.

Repped!

mr_ragz
05-19-2013, 09:49 PM
:lol: that is sick dude. Decent mix on it too :tup:

I second this!

fatcatdj
05-20-2013, 03:32 AM
Really cool. Who sez good ol' American ingenuity is gone......wait a minute you're from the f'kin UK. Never mind.
I forgot after they built Wal-Marts here, everyone & everything has gone to sh*t. Nice piece of using low-tech to achieve good results. as for anyone else build a controller? F*** controllers LOL

Sid Dystic
09-11-2013, 03:45 PM
looks sick, get into business lol

Skasja
09-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Well done and very clean!

I would have liked to see the work done step by step just to see how you wired everything.

Repped!

This, and repped... But where is OP hiding, we gots questions!

MrB
09-17-2013, 03:25 PM
sick job bro! repped for time and work well payed off

djnickiek
09-25-2013, 05:46 PM
very cool controller dude! i love it.