PDA

View Full Version : need help setting up traktor

danielpattonjr
02-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey everyone, This is my first post here. I need some help setting up my mixer to traktor. i set up my numark ndx 800's but i cannot get my mixer to control traktor its a numark m2. any help would be appreciated.

Andrew B
02-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Do you have Traktor Scratch Pro?

Lost Connection
02-27-2012, 02:33 AM
You cannot control Traktor (Scratch Pro) with Numark M2, since it doesn't have midi. The NDX 800s will control Traktor as far as the deck part of the software is concerned.

You need either a midi controller in addition to your Numark, or then a different mixer that has Midi control.

By the way, how did you connect the M2 to your pc?

deejayjsin
02-27-2012, 02:55 AM
This runs you through the basic setup...
Tr6lFLMDE7E

danielpattonjr
04-05-2012, 12:25 AM
ok clearly i am retarded. what i meant to say was i connect my numarks to my pc and i have an external soundcard its a numark DJ IO but whenever i try to install the drivers i get an error message.

KLH
04-05-2012, 07:25 AM
There are MANY ways to get to paradise, but here's what I think that you're asking:

How can I use my Numark CDX800s to control the decks in Traktor while outputting the audio via the Numark DJ IO sound interface to my Numark M2 mixer?

This will be slightly kludgy setup because you have four line-level sources where your mixer only takes 2 line-level and 2 phono-level sources. As phono-level sources also have an RIAA filter, I don't recommend getting a converter to use them. So here's the rub: you have to choose between mixing CDs and mixing 2-decks in Traktor.

I personally would (and do) mix just Traktor. To do so:

* Connect the CDX800s and DJIO to your computer via USB (load drivers as necessary)
* Connect the DJIO main output and headphone output to your mixer's line-channels 1 and 2 respectively
* Configure Traktor to use EXTERNAL mixing mode and have deck 1 go to main output and deck 2 to go to the monitor output

As an aside, consider selling the DJIO and buying the S4 (if you want Traktor) or the NS6 (if you want ITCH) so that you can use a DJ app WITH your CDX800s.

-KLH

KLH
04-05-2012, 07:27 AM
i have an external soundcard its a numark DJ IO but whenever i try to install the drivers i get an error message.
Consider using a different USB port and/or USB cable.

-KLH

danielpattonjr
04-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I hae tried these things and more and still getting the same error message

Andrew B
04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
You downloaded the Win7 32-bit drivers from the Numark site? What error message are you getting when you try to install them?

danielpattonjr
04-05-2012, 10:48 PM
You downloaded the Win7 32-bit drivers from the Numark site? What error message are you getting when you try to install them?

Yes i downloaded the drivers from numark and the error i get is "unfortunatly the instillation failed" (Error 0x0006)

DjAaron
04-06-2012, 03:39 PM
make sure that your system is a 32bit and not a 64bit. Most newer computers are coming with 64bit. I did that and found out my laptop is a 64bit

Gjhowe1
04-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Tried installing with Admin rights? (AKA right click on the exe file -> run as admin) ?

danielpattonjr
04-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Yup ive tried all of this. I think i just need to get myself a new PC. Or even better a macbook pro. I wish i could afford one

Phil Noize
04-19-2012, 07:06 AM
With most sound interfaces, you load the driver application before plugging in the the interface (preferably with no other applications running). Then plug it in and Windows should finish loading the drivers and sort itself out.