PDA

View Full Version : Software/Hardware for dual VDJs

Defiance
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
This upcoming weekend I will be DJing with another DJ for his Bday party at his normal place. The bar has turned into a "video dance bar" with him just fading in and out of videos.

Well I don't do videos ever, which just drives the bar owners nuts and they have turned me away from doing any tag-team set with my friend.

However we are setting up a live stream of the bar using an assortment of cams, I also in the past have ran a second laptop (Line-In from my booth out) and had a visual program running to fill up the TVs. But even that they don't want.

We are going to work on the owners and see if they can handle not having music videos for my set, but I was also curious about what is offered out there to mix between two video sources, preferably something that isn't just a hardcut between sources.

DJ Matt
02-26-2012, 08:20 PM
1. you could use Club Visuals DVDs while you DJ so at least they have something to look at

2. you could not use your friends laptop to mix on

3. perhaps a VGA switch box to flick between two laptops

sorry i dont know of any better hardware than that im only new at VDJing also

VjQue
02-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Only hardware to do dual VJ's is the rane 62 mixer cost $2000. but the video wont be out till march.

The best way to do it is have your friend put a set together for you to spin on his computer since his is currently configured out for video. but I wouldnt take no video gigs not knowing nothing on how to spin video.

And if the place is known for having video's all night I highly doubt the owner will want you to play non video's.

I know my place wont let you do a set if your not a VJ.

Don't play no club visual's if there use to video's. The owner will throw you out.