PDA

View Full Version : Fog Machine Issue

Lighty
04-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi

I went to use my Acme HP3 fogger for the first time in about 3 months and the output from it is no where near what it used to be.

I have opened it up and taken the pump apart to see if there was a blockage anywhere (and there wasn't).

I then ran distiller water and clear vinegar through it to try and clear the pipes in the heating element but that didn't work.

Any ideas, I am stumped!

Lighty
04-27-2013, 03:43 PM
I thought I should add, once the machine is up to temperature and I can activate the smoke via the remote, it doesn't have to recharge after a period of time, which is used to need to.

I don't know what a working pump should be like in terms of pump volume so have no comparison to see if mine is broken or not.

Lighty
04-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Update:

I did a little test by comparing the fuel intake with everything connect and then with the pump freely spurting out what it wants.

It was largely more (which I appreciate it would be anyway as the diameter of the nozzle is tiny), but I am sure the pump is fully functioning and that there's a blockage.

Manu
04-28-2013, 09:35 AM
disconnect the pump then connect an air compressor or bike pump through the nozzle/flush the crap out maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2f_nYIXi8

Lighty
04-28-2013, 04:12 PM
I have removed the heating element and ran a compressor through it (60lbs pressure). Very little was getting through and I am 99% sure it's a blockage in the heater. After a bit of research I've seen to leave some Calcium Limescale Remove (CLR) in the heater for a few hours. I don't have much hope in this working but I will give it a try.