PDA

View Full Version : Whats this BLIZZARD lighting Power 3pin Plug bigger than an XLR connection called?

wapples
04-26-2013, 03:22 AM
Hi,

Well I went for the Blizzard Toughsticks RGBAW and some RGBA Unplugged par cans. REALLY HAPPY just sorry I could not buy them in Australia the dealer was un-contactable but had some people in the USA help me out and in 72 hours all arrived along with Chauvet Showxpress (I KNOW SACRILEGE) but i like the programming interface

ANYWHO so they are the 120V version thats cool i use voltage converters but this PLUG is interesting. I know its weatherproof but that will not be a factor for me. PLAIN AND SIMPLE LOL

So it looks like an XLR but its bigger and of course power travels down it. I wish to buy some of these especially just MALE female so I can daisy-chain three or 4 fixtures together I had a quick google and spotted some on Allibaba but if I can get the real name I am sure I will be spoiled for choice.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks again for the recommendation they are like the manual says. Tougher than Chuck Norris LOL

OP

Synaxis
04-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Well damn, I've actually never seen such a power connector...

Let me do some searching and see if I can come up with some results, if someone doesn't beat me too it.

Edit: I found tis thread: http://soundforums.net/lighting-electrical/4712-waterproof-ac-cables.html

But I don't think it will be much of much help. I can't quite find them actually in stock in places.

Personally, I would contact Bill here on the forums. I'm pretty sure he could help you out with this.

wapples
04-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Well Ive been googling all night found all sorts of different things but nothing with a consistent name for this. I have even sent an e-mail to Blizzard requesting the correct terminology but as yet nothing. Any assistance always appreciated. Thanks for reading.

OP

BillESC
04-26-2013, 08:28 PM
The connector is proprietary to the manufacturer. Adapters and extension cables are available through Blizzard dealers like me.

I believe you posted earlier on that weather proof is not necessary for your application. If that's the case, simply replace the connectors with something readily available in your corner of the world.

wapples
04-26-2013, 08:29 PM
I think I have it? Still I dont have an official name though
http://www.avecorp.com.au/index.php/lighting/architectural-lighting/edge-pwr-5-brightlight-power-cable-extension

wapples
04-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks Bill. These look promising. I would rather get some 5 & 10meter leads that are original rather than modifying unless absoloutley necessary. These seem to be the deal whats the difference between EDGE and Deco?

http://www.djcity.com.au/lighting/architectural-lighting.html

Cheers

OP

DJ Continuous
04-27-2013, 06:01 AM
The connector is proprietary to the manufacturer.

And for that reason, I'm out!

Houdini823
04-27-2013, 05:26 PM
The connector is proprietary to the manufacturer. .

So this is not interchangeable with the Chauvet fixtures or cords? I would have to agree with the previous post

BillESC
04-30-2013, 08:38 AM
It is a waterproof connector that is used by a number of manufacturers. YRMV.

wapples
08-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Oh I forgot about this. Blizzard did help out they have both POWER and DMX extensions for these avilable in 3 5 and 10 M I ordered a bunch and had them sent over as you can imagine a bunch of copper was expensive and there was plenty of FREIGHT but still they are here and very happy.

OP