PDA

View Full Version : Serato DJing Help

Tombachar4
02-26-2012, 05:42 PM
I have been djing with serato for a while, but I always only focused on beatmixing with my vinyl and never focused myself on the tricks and hot keys that serato offers. I wanted some help, if possible, on possible tricks and tips for Serato mixing and cool tricks to use when djing with vinyl.

For example: How do I make the siren loop work on serato? and so forth

or for mixing tricks, How do I chop up songs through volume control?, if that makes sense.

Anyway, please share your vast knowledge on such subjects and please feel free to post up youtube videos!

Thanks a lot!!!

Nies One
02-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Konix, who also posts here, made a bunch of tutorials to help with the technical side of tips, tricks , software options and trouble shooting.

http://serato.com/forum/discussion/109343

If you have specific DJing technique questions that are not exclusive to scratch live you'll want to search the Technique section of the forum and post your questions if they haven't been addressed already.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?5-DJ-Techniques

Hope this info helps.

siren loop ? Not sure what you mean. Some Dj's will load a Siren or Air horn sample into the SP6 and trigger it. To loop a siren you would just load the sample into a deck and use one of Serato's many loop options.

Mixing Tricks - too many to name but you'll find a bunch in the technique section listed above. Also you can always post a YouTube video of a technique you heard and want to learn. In your post ask the fellow members to identify it and for any tips on how to execute it.

Chopping up with Volume control - Too many places this one can go… Some Djs will use the volume control to mute the track at certain times. A basic Chop would be to turn the volume on during the 2 and 4 beat counts of a 4/4 time signature and off during the 1 and 3 beat counts.

Tombachar4
02-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks a lot! You covered all the bases I needed answering