PDA

View Full Version : cookies on forum server instead of on user's client

ampnation
04-24-2013, 11:58 PM
I don't expect anyone to make good on my wish, but since I tend to post via my android, my laptop, and other peoples computers, it sure would be nice to have the option of cookies on the djf server so to speak at least when it comes to tracking which posts I've read. I just was looking through posts and one had the "Read first unread" (or whatever it is it says when you have unread posts) link at the top of pg one. I clicked on it and found out DJF thought I hadn't read my own post which was the last one in the thread.

Obviously for stuff like screen size and other interface preferences, one would still need client side cookies.

l0ckd0wn
04-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Actually I've been seeing a lot of that lately... When I click on a thread and go out to the forum section it doesn't register that I've seen it.

l0ckd0wn
04-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Like right now, I'm the last person to post in this thread and it shows me that I've not seen it yet.

Synaxis
04-25-2013, 10:31 PM
So, you mean cookies that follow you wherever you log in? I've run into this issue as well, so it is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if vBulletin supports something like this.