PDA

View Full Version : DC Jungle/DnB What's going on?

AfrikProphet
04-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Hey y'all.
So I moved back to DC and haven't had many chances to get back in to the Jungle / DnB scene. I used to go to a lot of events waaay back in the day (Buzz, Act Your Age) but I have no clue where to go now. Also I've been mixing on and off for a few years and would love to get back in to playing out. So can anyone help a repatriated junglist out? Also, is there a ragga-jungle subculture out there that I'm blind to?

The Blackest
04-25-2013, 05:53 AM
EZ, Deinfamous here. Are you in the city?

This area has changed a lot since Buzz and Club 5ive shut down. 2Tuff is still doing their thing(big show happening at Uhall on May 19th) and so is 3D Productions. Steez Promo has a few dnb shows, but they only book the same 3-4 locals at their events. There is also Drop which happens in Baltimore once a month. May 4th they have TC1 from Dispatch playing.

I also do an internet radio show called Expansion Broadcast (http://www.expansionbroadcast.com) and I'm always down w/ having guests. I normally do the show on the first Friday of the month. Hit me up if you are interested in playing!

Have some DC rep and welcome back!

AfrikProphet
04-27-2013, 12:42 PM
S'up Blackest

Technically I am in PG county right now, like 10 min from the district line out by the New Carrollton station but I work in DC. Was born and raised in DC for the most part. Thanks for mentioning 2tuff I had thought those guys had disbanded. Is there any ragga going on in the scene these days? I have a ton of old school choons that need to be doing something other than sitting in my crates.

The Blackest
04-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Um there used to be a crew here that were strictly ragga, but I think they are no more. I haven't heard ragga for a hot minute in this area.

I'm familiar w/ New Carrollton. A few of my friends broadcast their radio show out of Berwyn Heights.

You on Facebook?

AfrikProphet
04-27-2013, 01:43 PM
yeah check your pm

Waterbeat
04-30-2013, 06:02 AM
Wednesday Transit EDM party in Fairfax does DnB nights and a lot of DnB heads are there every week. Transit lineup and other info is posted in this sub forum every week.

AfrikProphet
04-30-2013, 08:13 PM
yeah I saw the Transit ads a few days ago, looks pretty awesome. I'm currently metro bound though so its a bit tricky to get out there. hopefully will have a ride by the end of the summer. I was in NYC for waaay too long :)