PDA

View Full Version : Help With Mixer...........?

Kaosone
02-26-2012, 12:56 PM
High,

I am new here, I've just got a setup again after a 10 year break & think the fader is leaking on my mixer (brought second hand from a mate who hasn't used it for 4 years & can't remember what the deal with it was). I made a video of what it's doing...

K2TyfkkBJdE

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Synergy
02-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Check your grounds, check your rca's, make sure your mixer isn't monitoring the main channel or your cued channel...

Kaosone
02-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Check your grounds, check your rca's, make sure your mixer isn't monitoring the main channel or your cued channel...

Hi,
Thanks for the response RCA's & grounds are seated correctly forgive me for being thick but what's the definition of "monitoring", I've just switched the chanels & inputs & it's still doing it?

Cheers.

DTR
02-26-2012, 04:12 PM
I like the "how the fuck does that work?" at the end of the video :D

I'm sorry to say that it's not the fader, I'm pretty sure your mixer is boned. A leaky fader wouldn't do that. Shame, the UMXs were good mixers. I used to a have a UMX-9.

Monitoring can mean two things; either the cue in the headphones or which input or output the LED meter is reading.

Kaosone
02-27-2012, 03:17 AM
I like the "how the fuck does that work?" at the end of the video :D

I'm sorry to say that it's not the fader, I'm pretty sure your mixer is boned. A leaky fader wouldn't do that. Shame, the UMXs were good mixers. I used to a have a UMX-9.

Monitoring can mean two things; either the cue in the headphones or which input or output the LED meter is reading.

That's how I roll!!!

The digital vinyl setup went mental & started tripping my laptop out so hopefully this is the issue I am going to borrow some vinyl tonight to bypass it & see if it works or not.

Thanks.

Kaosone
02-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Right,

Stuck some 12" on there & hooked it up the old fashioned way & it works fine, the iScratch is going back to the shop & I picked up 2nd hand Reloop Spin 2 setup from eBay today.

*Sighs deeply safe in the knowledge he doesn't have to buy a new mixer!!!!!

DTR
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Phew, good shout. I totally forgot it could be a DVS thing. Sorry about that