PDA

View Full Version : Gig Exchange(s)

belikin57
04-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Came across this article that had mentioned the idea of exchanging gigs with other DJs - http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/01/how-to-dj-abroad/ - and thought I would reach out to anyone who might be interested in doing a gig exchange.

I have a few spots here in Las Vegas, but I'm looking to travel around and do different spots around the country/internationally.

Has anyone ever done this sort of thing?

If anyone might be interested in something like this, feel free to email me at inforok@yahoo.com we can discuss further.

Nick Bike
04-20-2013, 11:34 PM
me and the guy who started the gig exchange thread from DJF1.0 did it and it worked great. i did a couple nights in Hamilton/Toronto, and he did Charlottetown/Quebec City with me. i've been back to do gigs with him a few times after that now.

DJ Weatherman
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I do that with a few dj's up in Seattle and Australia, would love to get something going with other dj's outside of LA

Waterbeat
04-25-2013, 06:15 AM
This sounds like an opportunity for someone to set up some sort of clearing house gig exchange, maybe on here.

The Blackest
04-25-2013, 07:29 AM
I did something like that back in the day. Got a few djs from Cali to play here and they sorted me out w/ a few shows over there. Wish I could do something like that over here..

mr_ragz
04-26-2013, 01:50 PM
I have tried it once when I was taking a trip to france but it didn't work as I don't think I left enough time to get booked. I tried it like a month before I left but I think I need to give like 2-3 months notice.