PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good transition from Sweet Shop to Sierra Leone???

DJ Tectonix
04-18-2013, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6caHU1XAzQY

From 2:08-2:30 is it a good transition I made from "sweet shop" to "Sierra Leone"? tell me what you think! :)

DJArmani
04-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Cant see the vid!

DJ Tectonix
04-19-2013, 07:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6caHU1XAzQ

From 2:08-2:30

JackStalk
04-19-2013, 03:10 PM
It could be cleaner, but musically it's fine. LOL at your mask?

Props for picking two actual good dubstep tracks.

DJJD
06-05-2013, 05:02 AM
It was ok. Little bit too much in terms of effects and changing the pitch.

"DJ Dropshot is the best 13 year old techno DJ in the world... He is previously known as DJ Tectonix or DJ Myst." lolz

Synaxis
06-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Too many effects. It sort of ruined it.

And what is with the mask and video description?

Comment from one month ago: "thank you, I am somewhat new to mixing and I will save up for CDjs but I'm only 13 so it may take a while haha"

Video Description: "DJ Dropshot is the best 13 year old techno DJ in the world... He is previously known as DJ Tectonix or DJ Myst."

Please, don't call yourself what you are not. It won't get you any respect and you won't be taken seriously...

de.j.l
06-07-2013, 07:44 AM
the transition.. I don't think its great tbh. Work on it. I wouldn't post a 4 minute video with such minimal content ... seems like a waste of bandwidth to me.

Manu
06-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Autosynced and out of key, apart from fx not much going on I'm afraid. It kind of negates the description. The best DJs in the world are on stage, not practicing in the basement. Also a bit gimmicky about wearing the headphones after the transition. Last but not least:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30140775.jpg

Sigma
06-07-2013, 07:30 PM
I dunno what's weirder - everything I read and saw on that YouTube page or the fact that JackStalk said "musically it's fine".

Don't oversell yourself man. And don't stand there in a mask like some bell end. The transition was bad because the pitch was all over the place. Apply the KISS principle, a.k.a. keep it simple stupid.

Baller95
06-07-2013, 07:32 PM
And don't stand there in a mask like some bell end.
LOL my thoughts exactly! :lol:

And no, the transition was not good. No hard feelings though, keep practicing.

thehadgi
06-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Props for picking two actual good dubstep tracks.

.... ?

Sierra Leone, maybe, but sweet shop?

:blank:

Baller95
06-07-2013, 07:51 PM
:stupid:

DJArmani
06-07-2013, 09:53 PM
We all did weird things like wearing a mask in a vid at 13. Lol, starting young though!

Vernski
06-08-2013, 08:15 AM
You're choice of tunes isn't my thing so I'm not going to offer advice there..........For me the most important thing is the image you want to convey to your audience. You're young and that's fine, but using youtube as your method of connecting with your audience means it should be just about that. Connecting with your audience. Don't get bogged down in scraps with other users, it cheapens the whole thing and you won't get the respect your trying to find.

If you have got some things to sort out with someone use a private message or email. As other's have said, don't oversell yourself and not to sound cliche but keep it real.

The mask.......well I'm assuming you use it to protect those closest to you:whack: Seriously though, I'm guessing you want to be anonymous on video - I found it strange though.

APOLOGY: I realised that this is a dj technique thread and that my comment/advice has nothing to do with it at all.

jamesmington
06-11-2013, 11:47 AM
I did not like the transition at all. It sounded harsh and off pitch.

2Liter
06-16-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't know if I would even call it a transition, songs just get switched sharply, doesn't really gel. Would suggest playing sweet shop at a low volume, beatmatched with the other tune, and gradually fading sweetshop in and fading out of the other tune. Sharp cuts can work well, but the EQs of both tracks are so far off and it feels like tracks cut out at random times. Pay attention to the phrasing and don't worry so much about playing with the effects.

de.j.l
06-17-2013, 08:26 AM
silly wabbit effektz aren't for kids.

Synergy
06-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Okay here we go:

29 seconds in - WHAT IS THAT ANNOYING PANNING EFFECT?!? PLEASE make it stop.

45 seconds in - Was that a cut? it was not good, negative.

57 seconds in - you cut in the middle of a vocal with sierra leone. not good either. you just slam the fader over...that was not a mix at all.

1:19 - another slam over. Terrible.

Whatever is happening here, stop. dont mess with the pitch fader. STOP.

1:49 - another slam over.

2:10 no effects please

it sounds like you did some effects previously then played them back and added even more?!

2:55-3:01 I have NO WORDS FOR.

Learn to EQ and gain your tracks!

DjLiquitATL
06-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Okay here we go:

57 seconds in - you cut in the middle of a vocal with sierra leone. not good either. you just slam the fader over...that was not a mix at all.

it sounds like you did some effects previously then played them back and added even more?!

lmao!... I haven't personally listened to the mix BUT I know that synergy's mixes are on point. You don't want to become that annoying hip-hop DJ that slams the fader over instead of beat-matching.... that being said KEEP IT SIMPLE, even without FX if your mix is nice and seemless people will be more forgiving... at least you were bold enough to post your mix...can't hate on that at all

CC Ricers
06-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Maybe he's got a mask because he's camera shy...but yeah masks are gimmicky otherwise.

And dammit, you keep confusing me with the other DJ Tektonix that's been here LOL

Synergy
06-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Okay here we go:

Sorry i was reviewing that as I was watching and hit submit - I was not trying to be rude - these are my first thoughts as I am hearing the tracks. If you would work on actually blending and making sure the eq's are set right first, then you can start with hitting the faders and making trick transitions. I would learn to match the beats first, during some portions it doesnt even sound like it is matched. *note* just because you hit sync.....DOES NOT MAKE THE SONGS IN TIME. You must first properly beat grid a track first then it will be proper only if the other track is beat gridded right as well. Nothing is 100% so you must make small adjustments to compensate.

Keep working, keep mixing, record everything. lose the mask. use skill to convey what you want to the crowd, not a gimmick :)

DJ Donnie Lewis
06-21-2013, 07:20 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5559126016/h9DCB6503/

Baller95
06-21-2013, 08:23 AM
I think he bailed on us ever since getting caught for stealing someone's mix/mashup and using it in this battle :lol:

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?26428-DJ-Tectonix-vs-CountElectrfique-Electro-House-Battle

Vernski
06-22-2013, 01:51 AM
I think he bailed on us ever since getting caught for stealing someone's mix/mashup and using it in this battle :lol:

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?26428-DJ-Tectonix-vs-CountElectrfique-Electro-House-Battle

I agree, and suffering a bit of criticism with this current post - there was a big difference in quality between his battle submission and the one in this thread.......:facepalm: