PDA

View Full Version : Federali in DJ clothing

DoDirty409
02-25-2012, 08:23 PM
So I recently purchased a NS6 and an i7 laptop because i was recently inspired to give djing a try. Why didnt I choose DVS? It seemed to me I could get the same performance and more out of a controller. I have seen it done but it seems so hard. Have any of you guys offered lessons to noobs? Is there a market for this type of thing. Between work (Federal Agent) and marriage I can only get in a good 5 hours of practice a week. Maybe 9 if I decide I dont want to have "good" sex. LOL! Im getting frustrated because I dumped over 4k into a hobby that it seems I suck at. I started with CDJ's. Basic scratching such as "manual looping" (repeating portions of a song using a quick transition using the platters..excuse my lack of dj vocab) and beatmatching Ive become pretty good at. Im at the point now where I want to get rid of it and take up RC Helicopters or something. So frustrated. FYI Im about a year into this endeavor. Am I too impatient?

DJNR
02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
So I recently purchased a NS6 and an i7 laptop because i was recently inspired to give djing a try. Why didnt I choose DVS? It seemed to me I could get the same performance and more out of a controller. I have seen it done but it seems so hard. Have any of you guys offered lessons to noobs? Is there a market for this type of thing. Between work (Federal Agent) and marriage I can only get in a good 5 hours of practice a week. Maybe 9 if I decide I dont want to have "good" sex. LOL! Im getting frustrated because I dumped over 4k into a hobby that it seems I suck at. I started with CDJ's. Basic scratching such as "manual looping" (repeating portions of a song using a quick transition using the platters..excuse my lack of dj vocab) and beatmatching Ive become pretty good at. Im at the point now where I want to get rid of it and take up RC Helicopters or something. So frustrated. FYI Im about a year into this endeavor. Am I too impatient?

After reading your post, I don't quite understand what the problem is. What is it your asking? For lessons?

There are multiple websites that offer help to "noobs", its really just a matter of consulting Google. For example, I just started to learn how to scratch, and I watch DJ Angelo's scratch tutorial videos on YouTube for help. Just like any hobby, it takes time to improve your skill. I think expecting amazing results after a whole year is a little too soon, especially because I have been DJing for almost 4 years.

Concerning the lessons: I use a different software than you (Traktor), but if you have any general DJing questions or whatever, I would be more than willing to answer them if you send them to me in a PM.

DoDirty409
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks. You answered my question. Sorry for the overkill. I wasnt sure if I was being impatient or not with my progress. Ill check out thse vids!

DJNR
02-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks. You answered my question. Sorry for the overkill. I wasnt sure if I was being impatient or not with my progress. Ill check out thse vids!

Haha, no problem. You didn't overkill it at all. Better to be too descriptive than not being descriptive at all.