PDA

View Full Version : Unorganized DJ's keep me employeed

Djmike209
02-25-2012, 06:05 PM
I few months back I met with a Bride about her wedding. She only wanted to book the Photo Booth because he "friend" was going to DJ.

After chit chatting a bit I got down to business and started to ask her about her DJ. Who he was, how is going to do this and that. Have you talked about the toast, cake cutting and usual BS. She got this disappointed/scared look on her face. I could see the worry in her eye. So I handed her my Wedding Information Sheet. (which I only give to my paying brides) and told her to help her out and plan her event take the sheet and it was for her eyes only please dont share it with the DJ.

Fast forward 2 months the same bride called me and was worried about her friend doing her wedding. She said she was worried that he was Unorganized and wasnt even sure if he would show up. Come to find out she was going to pay him $400 for 6 hours!

I gave her the price for us to come out and booked on the spot.

What made this whole thing nice is that she complemented me on how organized I was, and it made her feel better about hiring a professional.

LiteTrix
02-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Nice! Glad you got the booking. Your post was a little hard to read though!

Schreiber
02-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Congratz on the booking! Not sure why Lite had trouble reading.... It was fine. Not a wall of text like some people tend to post.

DJMC
02-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Great story --- had no trouble reading it!

DJ Rob One
02-27-2012, 04:37 AM
I made a post in the old forums about the unprofessional ism I have encountered since I have been starting up my own Mobile DJ business. Its ridiculous and it works out to our advantage. Good stuff man.

Stirred
02-27-2012, 05:54 AM
I few months back I met with a Bride about her wedding. She only wanted to book the Photo Booth because he "friend" was going to DJ.

After chit chatting a bit I got down to business and started to ask her about her DJ. Who he was, how is going to do this and that. Have you talked about the toast, cake cutting and usual BS. She got this disappointed/scared look on her face. I could see the worry in her eye. So I handed her my Wedding Information Sheet. (which I only give to my paying brides) and told her to help her out and plan her event take the sheet and it was for her eyes only please dont share it with the DJ.
Fast forward 2 months the same bride called me and was worried about her friend doing her wedding. She said she was worried that he was Unorganized and wasnt even sure if he would show up. Come to find out she was going to pay him $400 for 6 hours!

I gave her the price for us to come out and booked on the spot.

What made this whole thing nice is that she complemented me on how organized I was, and it made her feel better about hiring a professional.

Nice approach! It's always nice to show the bride to be how much detail we have to dig into when dealing with weddings!

peterwo2e
02-27-2012, 05:22 PM
weddings are not easy and always have lots of issues that come along with the planning. $400 for 6 hours is a great price for an inexperience DJ. obviously she probably would have been happy with her 400 dollar DJ until you open up her eyes. i hope that was not your price also? a properly trained wedding DJ that knows the ropes would easily charge her over $1000 bucks for 6 hours. again you get what you pay for.

DJMC
02-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Not in Modesto CA where the unemployment rate is somewhere between 16% to 19%.

I'd say the most likely scenario is she's paying Mike $850. Although I could get more up north (in my neck o' the woods, average home prices are $350,000 and the unemployment rate is closer to 7%).