PDA

View Full Version : Trance Demo for new label (Remix)

Ignotus
02-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Well a new label hit me up for this remix, they liked it so i got signed with them, but would love to hear some feedback from you fellas!

http://soundcloud.com/frequentflyermiles/but-me-f-f-m-goodnbad-remix

(my producer name is Frequent Flyer Miles just so there is no confusion :p)

mix4fix
02-25-2012, 05:16 PM
How can it be a vocal track if there are no vocals?

Ignotus
02-25-2012, 05:25 PM
there is a little vocal studder :p

Synapsis
02-29-2012, 10:01 PM
It sounds good when you let the cutoff go of the main synth line.... it sounds really plush and wide.... what synths are in it?

Ignotus
03-03-2012, 08:29 PM
It sounds good when you let the cutoff go of the main synth line.... it sounds really plush and wide.... what synths are in it?
thanks man means a lot, uh its 100% reason, and im a thor whore what can i say :p

Mark_Spit
03-08-2012, 09:14 PM
First off, I'm not a huge trance fan, so take my critique with a grain of salt.

Over all the production sounds really good. There are however, a couple of things I'd change.

1: The level of the vocal sample isn't consistent throughout the track. The first time it's heard (at about 00:52sec) it's clear, yet not over-powering - pretty much perfect volume. At the 4:03 and 5:32 marks though, it's barely audible. The other issue I have with the sample is that it sounds rather "flat" almost like it needs a little reverb to give it some character.

2: The other thing for me is that the track doesn't sound completely "fleshed out". I noticed it's actually quite minimal in that there is no snare / clap and anything resembling a high-hat only comes in very briefly. But once again, I'm not too well versed on trance so maybe this is not too uncommon.

Hope this helps and I hope I wasn't too harsh.

Good luck.:tup:

Origin
03-09-2012, 12:50 AM
I think you need some huge sweeps around 2:30? Just some huge mind blowing dominant and major chords.

Ignotus
03-09-2012, 04:11 PM
First off, I'm not a huge trance fan, so take my critique with a grain of salt.

Over all the production sounds really good. There are however, a couple of things I'd change.

1: The level of the vocal sample isn't consistent throughout the track. The first time it's heard (at about 00:52sec) it's clear, yet not over-powering - pretty much perfect volume. At the 4:03 and 5:32 marks though, it's barely audible. The other issue I have with the sample is that it sounds rather "flat" almost like it needs a little reverb to give it some character.

2: The other thing for me is that the track doesn't sound completely "fleshed out". I noticed it's actually quite minimal in that there is no snare / clap and anything resembling a high-hat only comes in very briefly. But once again, I'm not too well versed on trance so maybe this is not too uncommon.

Hope this helps and I hope I wasn't too harsh.

Good luck.:tup:

hey man its all a learning experience, everyones feedback is greatly appreciated :)