PDA

View Full Version : Transitions (Bridging tracks)

BesincereUK
04-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know a good place for DJ tools?

I'm looking for some Transitions (I think they may also get called bridging tracks) mainly looking for ones that go from House to Hip Hop or maybe House to D & B.

Baller95
04-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Transitions like these call for the "back spin track 1, air horn effect, start track 2" technique :lol:

But seriously you transitioning genres or BPM? I don't know if there are tracks or effects for transitioning genres.

Andrew B
04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
I believe djcity.com offers transition tracks

Baller95
04-12-2013, 12:24 PM
I believe djcity.com offers transition tracks

They do actually

DJ ATX
04-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Any of the major record pools out there will have A LOT of DJ Tools such as transitions

mymp3pool.com
DJCity
ZipDJ
VJStreet (if you are a video DJ)
8thwonder.

Etc. infinatum.....

Or if you are somewhat decent with Ableton, you can make your own.

BesincereUK
04-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Transitions like these call for the "back spin track 1, air horn effect, start track 2" technique :lol:

But seriously you transitioning genres or BPM? I don't know if there are tracks or effects for transitioning genres.

It'll be BPM mate

BesincereUK
04-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Any of the major record pools out there will have A LOT of DJ Tools such as transitions

mymp3pool.com
DJCity
ZipDJ
VJStreet (if you are a video DJ)
8thwonder.

Etc. infinatum.....

Or if you are somewhat decent with Ableton, you can make your own.

No experience with Ableton thats why I was asking about what pools offer downloads.
Maybe that is the next step for me to start looking into Ableton

Dubphyte
04-12-2013, 01:38 PM
I would personally look at other genres to bridge the gap between 2 genres. Instead of trying to go from say house to hip-hop, go from house, to trap, to hip-hop (i have no clue if that would work, i personally don't like hip-hop, but if so, there is an idea!)

BesincereUK
04-12-2013, 02:31 PM
I would personally look at other genres to bridge the gap between 2 genres. Instead of trying to go from say house to hip-hop, go from house, to trap, to hip-hop (i have no clue if that would work, i personally don't like hip-hop, but if so, there is an idea!)

There ain't no harm in trying it out.
I will give it a go and let you know the outcome mate.

Baller95
04-12-2013, 02:49 PM
If it's just BPM look into a record pool like DJ City (www.djcity.com), it's what I use, they've got many great transition tracks on there!

BesincereUK
04-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I have looked into DJ City and it does look pretty good.

Was subscription a long process or was it pretty straight forward?

b.ill
04-12-2013, 03:11 PM
If I remember right, it took 24 hours for me to get admitted to DJCity. I don't know if they contacted the club or not. If they called, they just talked to one of the day bartenders - not the manager.

If you're a resident DJ, pre-rolled transition tracks are not as effective because you're always going to be using the same ones to get from one point to another. One of my secret transition weapons going from house (house flavored pop remixes actually) to hip-hop is a simple off beat clap loop that I sync to the outgoing track as I slow it down - mixing the incoming track in slowly with a bandpass filter. The sync'ed clap loop does a great job of holding the transition together.

Yea I said it.... the "S" word.

Hip-hop no slower than 100bpm works best for the transition. You want to start out your hip-hop block with tracks like "I'm Different" not "Pop That".

Baller95
04-12-2013, 05:07 PM
It was straight forward for me, entered my info and got accepted the next day. I actually payed for the 3 month subscription a week after.

sirhotpants
06-24-2013, 04:59 PM
How about a selection of spoken word to bridge genres OR BPM's? The beats on the one track can end while the 'acapella' spoken word vocals continue and then at the opportune moment of the vocal begin the other track/beat.

Dj DRPX
06-24-2013, 08:52 PM
How about a selection of spoken word to bridge genres OR BPM's? The beats on the one track can end while the 'acapella' spoken word vocals continue and then at the opportune moment of the vocal begin the other track/beat.

Possibly Crack4djs.com?

Also, you're from West Chester! I'm from Downingtown! I put Philly just so people know where in PA I generally live. How lonag have you been DJing?

Tomy
06-24-2013, 09:26 PM
clubedits.com (http://www.clubedits.com) have some ok transitions and they seem to sell a lot of bootlegs and things.... god only knows how that's legal.

jz416
06-25-2013, 01:18 AM
No experience with Ableton thats why I was asking about what pools offer downloads.
Maybe that is the next step for me to start looking into Ableton

I find that a lot of them just use a bpm increase or decrease during the build-up (think dadalife). Couldn't be that hard.

Disclaimer: I have not yet attempted doing this, so it might be really hard, i have no clue.

DJ ATX
06-25-2013, 07:36 AM
I find that a lot of them just use a bpm increase or decrease during the build-up (think dadalife). Couldn't be that hard.

Disclaimer: I have not yet attempted doing this, so it might be really hard, i have no clue.

Yep that's pretty much it. Also adding effects maybe some 1/4 beat loops.