PDA

View Full Version : Official Southern California DJF Summer Meetup in Long Beach, CA - June 1st/2nd

l0ckd0wn
04-11-2013, 10:30 PM
The Official Southern California DJF Summer Meetup in Long Beach, CA

When: June 1st - 2nd 2013 After 1PM till the wheels fall off...

Where: l0ckd0wn's house

What to bring: This is going to be a potluck event and if you decide to attend, please bring something small to share - This could be as simple as a case of beer, bottle of liquor or soda, a few bags of potato chips or other munchies, etc. If you plan to DJ, please let me know ahead of time if you're bringing equipment with you so I can accommodate.

What equipment will be provided: Enough sound to fill my house and (maybe) the backyard, 2 Technic 1200 MKIIs + Korg Zero4 , enough space for 2x CDJs and other personal controllers. If you plan on using the turntables, please consider bringing YOUR OWN NEEDLES as the M44-7's I have are a bit old and warn.

Omar has generously donated his 2x CDJ800s + Xone 92 to accompany the current equipment I have. Thank you Omar!

What food will be provided: I will be getting a large quantity of meat and will be bbqing. I'll probably have a stash of liquor, beer and wine as well, depending on how many people show up, what personal tastes are, etc.
I can provide some space to sleep for those that contact me ahead of time or those that are coming from far away, who should also contact me ahead of time. I can offer a futon (sleeps 2 slightly cramped) and a full size bed (fits 2 comfortably). Please note that I have 2 cats if you suffer from allergies.

Can you bring a guest: Yes, but please let me know how many people in addition to yourself you'll be bringing so I can make sure to provide enough food.

Further discussion is encouraged and I plan on having a beer pong table set up for peer-pressure encouraged inebriation.

I'm going to try and keep this event PG-13 during the day so that if someone shows up with some little ones they are not exposed to "adult situations."

Confirmed Attendance List ( 4-29-13 ):
User name - Real name - Equipment being brought - Food/Drink
Delta V - Bryce - Stuff - ?
Kevin James - Jevin Kames - ? - ?
Flank - Shawn - S2 - Booze
Sean 5 - Shayan (Shawn) - ? - ?
oMar - Omar - 2xCDJ800 + Xone92 - ?
Donger - Vinny - ? - ?
Finnish Fox - Timo - RCF 12s - ?
TopangaS2k - ? - ? - ?

Unconfirmed/Maybes:
Giovanotto - ? - ? - Beer/Smokes
Beastopher - Chris - ? - ?
Interracial Tea - Kevin - ? - ?
Will Maximal - Will - ? - ? - Not sure if he's got to work a party that day
DJNR - ? - DJM900 if necessary - ?
Grover - Sean - ? - ? - May be visiting his wife & kids
-J - Joel - ? - ? - Has gigs that day

Sean_5
04-11-2013, 10:41 PM
I will be bringing a large quantity of meat also.

for matty v's virgin butthole that is smooth like camel leather

l0ckd0wn
04-12-2013, 01:49 AM

You dirty jew... :P

Will MaXimal
04-12-2013, 12:41 PM
I am very handy with the grill, Justin :D I am willing to help out with the cooking. I will bring some drink as well.

If any long distance members are going to go and need additional sleeping space i can probably accomodate as well.

Finnish_Fox
04-12-2013, 01:08 PM

The fact you are coming from Darude's Sex Dungeon will certainly make this a spectacle.

Will MaXimal
04-12-2013, 01:16 PM
I sent a note to Justin but we may have a golden opportunity here... The Resurrect LA team is throwing an event on the 1st of June and after speaking with Ray (head dude) i think we can have a DJF pre-party during the day at the venue, our own DJF booth for the actual party at night and i might be able to negotiate some slots for DJF Dj's to play the actual event.

It would mean some of us having to get involved... maybe a faderwave promotion, some promoting on our facebooks and things like that.

I would even be game to meet at Justins place Sunday after for a wind down BBQ type chill out thing.

I know Justin is putting in his own time and energy to organize this so depending on what you guys want to do and how Justin feels we can make this happen :)

http://resurrectla.com/

Jamie D Music
04-12-2013, 01:31 PM
I wish I could come along as nothing does it for me like a girl with an American accent.

If anyone can organise something for the same date on this side of the Atlantic that would be more realistic. I would suggest my place but it's too small.

Finnish_Fox
04-12-2013, 01:39 PM
I wish I could come along as nothing does it for me like a girl with an American accent.

Which accent? NY? Boston? The South? Chicagoan? Minnesotan? People from California don't have accents - we speak TV English out here. :P

(Although people from Nor Cal say "hella" everything for some reason.)

Andrew B
04-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Which accent? NY? Boston? The South? Chicagoan? Minnesotan? People from California don't have accents - we speak TV English out here. :P

Oh, there's definitely a Southern California accent.

Finnish_Fox
04-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Oh, there's definitely a Southern California accent.

Beyond the colloquialized "valley girl" and "surger dude"?

I was being facetious in the "no accent" thing but the point I was making is that most people native to So Cal speak TV English where there is a distinct lack of a twang or a drawl or other defining accent characteristic. Very generic, non-descript.

Will MaXimal
04-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Soo.. Do you guys want to do this or should i tell my guy no?

Finnish_Fox
04-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Soo.. Do you guys want to do this or should i tell my guy no?

Sorry... :lol:

I was goin' to wait to hear what L0ck's opinion on the matter is. I'm pretty much game for whatever goes down.

Jamie D Music
04-12-2013, 02:22 PM

I like the New York accent it's full of character and I suppose it's the American equivelant of cockney. It has its harsness but also a soft side and there are varying degrees of it depending on the region. I also really like a deep south accent. Not that I'm an expert I've not been there nearly two decades. I don't know why though because it's the only place where English guys have the easiest ice breaker. All you have to say to a girl is hello and she replies "Hey, you're from England" with a smile. Maybe it's my Prince William charm and Hugh Grant aloofness :D

Jamie D Music
04-12-2013, 02:28 PM

I was being facetious in the "no accent" thing but the point I was making is that most people native to So Cal speak TV English where there is a distinct lack of a twang or a drawl or other defining accent characteristic. Very generic, non-descript.

I know what you mean because my accent is the same. I come from the middle of The Midlands and as such my accent is also very non descript compared to others. You can tell instantly when someone is from Newcastle or Liverpool but no-one has ever known where I'm from because of my accent.

Will MaXimal
04-12-2013, 02:57 PM

I was goin' to wait to hear what L0ck's opinion on the matter is. I'm pretty much game for whatever goes down.

I tried to get a hold of him about this too, Ray is just on my butt because the final planning is happening right now so he wants an answer.

Let me know what you guys think :)

Andrew B
04-12-2013, 03:20 PM

It's a drawl. I've lived all over the US, and oddly enough the most non-descript accents I've heard are in parts of Texas.

l0ckd0wn
04-12-2013, 04:49 PM
I sent a note to Justin but we may have a golden opportunity here... The Resurrect LA team is throwing an event on the 1st of June and after speaking with Ray (head dude) i think we can have a DJF pre-party during the day at the venue, our own DJF booth for the actual party at night and i might be able to negotiate some slots for DJF Dj's to play the actual event.

It would mean some of us having to get involved... maybe a faderwave promotion, some promoting on our facebooks and things like that.

I would even be game to meet at Justins place Sunday after for a wind down BBQ type chill out thing.

I know Justin is putting in his own time and energy to organize this so depending on what you guys want to do and how Justin feels we can make this happen :)

http://resurrectla.com/

So Will and I just talked about everything and I wanted to get an idea of what people wanted. I'm up for either idea (my place vs club), however it's two very different environments and thus the expectations are going to be very different.

Will is part of the promotional group ressurectla.com that has access to a club and could provide us with an uncertain number of slots for people to play that night. We'd be welcome in the club at around 2-3 PM and would have private access during that period till the actual event starts for people to spin if they wanted.

The club is in downtown LA @ 333 S Boylston St, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (http://goo.gl/maps/kQAQ1) and I'm not clear as to the situation with parking.

Rather than give a yes or no to Will myself, I wanted to see what everyone else was interested in doing. The logistics of attempting to have both get-togethers in the same day (whether start at my place and end up at the club, or vice versa) would be difficult so I was thinking just one or the other at this point.

It's up to the community here to tell us what you want. Because this is Will's crew he'd be heading up everything from here on out if we decide to do the club thing.

Personally I'd prefer the more intimate setting of a house over club for a meet and greet, but this is going to be up to the community.

Let us know what you think and we'll go from there!

Finnish_Fox
04-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Seeing as L0ckd0wn (and M!tch, who is in CO) I really haven't met anyone from the site. I'm probably being an asshole and forgetting someone too. :(

As much as I would relish the opportunity to play at that club, I think for the purposes of a meet & greet the house is a better idea. Would the BBQ, beer pong, etc. be happening at the club too?

Will MaXimal
04-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Seeing as L0ckd0wn (and M!tch, who is in CO) I really haven't met anyone from the site. I'm probably being an asshole and forgetting someone too. :(

As much as I would relish the opportunity to play at that club, I think for the purposes of a meet & greet the house is a better idea. Would the BBQ, beer pong, etc. be happening at the club too?

Hey everyone! So I am getting some final details but what Resurrect is all about is bringing the non-mainstream aspect of the EDM experience back. Its held at a club but the atmosphere is not a club atmosphere. Its the equivelent to a 2007 flyer party haha.

Right now, Ray (head honcho) is inviting us to have the meet during the day and transition into the party. It would give people a chance to mingle during the day, meet each other and relax. Then at night, we would have own section and we might be able to work it out so a few of us get to play the actual event.

During the day it will be a few people setting up for the main event but other than that the rest will be just us during the day.

I like the notion of a more intimate thing as personally i have held many meets myself and we had a blast just pal'ing around my place. I did not even know our event was going to be on the first. I actually invited Ray to Justins house, lol. This is when i found out they locked in the June 1st date for the event.

Both Justin and I would appreciate your feed back, especially if it will influence your decision in joining.

If anyone needs any additional information, feel free to search Resurrect LA, club 333 and pictures from prior events at this venue.

I will also answer any questions :D

Will MaXimal
04-12-2013, 06:19 PM
http://www.333live.com/

Resurrect pics on there and anyone that knows about LA's underground EDM culture knows about Rhonda :slayer:

oMar
04-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Is wearing clothes optional? :banana:

gr2daover
04-13-2013, 05:27 PM
i would be more than happy to drop a set at either place im game to chill. i will have to get back on monday as far as my june 1st schedule is. to get anything set in stone. but its a great idea to get a few of the local djf djs out and all!!!! big ups to will and lock!!!!!!

oMar
04-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Make it our Sean! Would be cool to see you. You go, I go! I would be dope to drop a set, I'm down :)

Blueprint
04-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Have fun guys! Wish I could be there.

:)

Will MaXimal
04-15-2013, 11:43 AM
See you in a few days, Jay!

At this point there is not enough interest to move forward with the venue idea. I am going to thank Ray for the opportunity and maybe we can plan something again.

l0ckd0wn
04-15-2013, 08:32 PM
See you in a few days, Jay!

At this point there is not enough interest to move forward with the venue idea. I am going to thank Ray for the opportunity and maybe we can plan something again.

Alright. We'll move forward as planned and have it at my place.

Baller95
04-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Sounds fun! Have fun boys :tup:

M!TCH
04-15-2013, 08:56 PM
:argh:

Let me know if you guys end up doing this again towards end of summer. Need to fly back home and see peeps.

gr2daover
04-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Looks like im free and have no commitments with work that weekend!!!!! WOOT WOOT

l0ckd0wn
04-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Looks like im free and have no commitments with work that weekend!!!!! WOOT WOOT

Hell yeah! Glad you can make it sir! I've got about 7 confirmed right now and I'll be asking for a more pertinent list of attendees to make sure I've got food covered closer too.

EDIT:

Also, depending on the number of confirmed DJF members I can get, I may extend this party out to some other friends to later in the evening on the first so that I can dedicate most of the early day to a DJF mixer, meet & greet, etc.

I'll go and edit the original post to put the confirmed status of who is going and what is being brought.

oMar
04-15-2013, 10:29 PM
I am going. Now it's party:smash::twhack::hump:

gr2daover
04-15-2013, 11:30 PM
since its a decent drive for me up there ill bring some beverages as in beer or something like that! because we all know i enjoy to over induldge on it at times lol. this could also be a good chance to drop in on faderwave radio as the djs drop some sets and all. just a thought

l0ckd0wn
04-15-2013, 11:49 PM
since its a decent drive for me up there ill bring some beverages as in beer or something like that! because we all know i enjoy to over induldge on it at times lol. this could also be a good chance to drop in on faderwave radio as the djs drop some sets and all. just a thought

This is what I was thinking too. I'm still working on all the logistics, but I'll have everything setup to stream online, all day, if we need.

Going to try and set something up to stream via my wireless network out to the backyard, maybe stream on my ustream account all day and just output out of a laptop to some speakers.

DJNR
04-16-2013, 12:42 AM
As of now, I think I will be able to go. I can't confirm 100% yet because I may need to take classes in the summer depending on college. If I do go, I may bring one of my friends here on DJF who lives near me. Gear wise, I would be willing to bring my CDJ 2000 Nexus and my DJM 900 if we could manage to keep drinks and stuff away from them :P

Personally, I prefer to meet at the house vs. the club only because I don't know how much my style of music mixes with what's hosted there/what you guys play. If the club is the more popular option, then I probably won't play since I don't know much about the LA electronic music scene.

l0ckd0wn
04-16-2013, 01:46 AM
As of now, I think I will be able to go. I can't confirm 100% yet because I may need to take classes in the summer depending on college. If I do go, I may bring one of my friends here on DJF who lives near me. Gear wise, I would be willing to bring my CDJ 2000 Nexus and my DJM 900 if we could manage to keep drinks and stuff away from them :P

Personally, I prefer to meet at the house vs. the club only because I don't know how much my style of music mixes with what's hosted there/what you guys play. If the club is the more popular option, then I probably won't play since I don't know much about the LA electronic music scene.

We're going to go ahead and have it at my place since there wasn't a big response to the club. As of right now Omar has said he will donate his CDJ800s + Xone92 for the day so we may be good on equipment right now.

Closer to the event I'll make some more announcements and confirm equipment, food, drinks, etc. for the event. I'm trying to make this a potluck so if you'd bring something small to share (soda, booze, beer, side dish, deserts, etc.) I can get a better idea of what is going to be available.

Will MaXimal
04-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Figures that the event date is now on June 1st :/

I am going to try and come during the day before the event.

Finnish_Fox
04-17-2013, 11:43 AM
@L0ck...

I'm in, lemme know if there is anything specific we need.

ben mills
04-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Finnish's name really isn't Timo.

He's just trying to perpetuate the FF online persona.

Finnish_Fox
04-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Finnish's name really isn't Timo.

He's just trying to perpetuate the FF online persona.

:ninja:

TopangaS2k
04-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Im in as well. Ill bring some food and drinks for all ya'll deejays. :P

Will MaXimal
04-17-2013, 04:23 PM
I want to volunteer my cooking services

mattyvee
04-17-2013, 06:09 PM
i fly back from new york the 1st so im possibly in for the second

Catch22
04-17-2013, 06:17 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I'm meant to be spending next year's summer working in South Cal so hit me up if you're going to be doing it again ;)

l0ckd0wn
04-17-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm in, lemme know if there is anything specific we need.

Side dishes, cheap beer, liquor, etc.

I want to volunteer my cooking services

I've only got a Webber charcoal grill but it's full size and I'll make sure to have extra charcoal. If you want to cook I gots no issue with that at all!

Get a hold of me on the 2nd and I'll see where we are at, because I figure I'll probably be BBQing both days.

This sounds like a great idea. I'm meant to be spending next year's summer working in South Cal so hit me up if you're going to be doing it again ;)

Absolutely! Will has been gracious enough to host the last few years and I figured I would throw a bash since I've got the room now. I don't see me leaving the forum any time soon, so just keep in touch!

Will MaXimal
04-17-2013, 07:04 PM

I might head over the 2nd if you want to join. I might not be able to hang out as much on the 1st :(

Finnish_Fox
04-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Side dishes, cheap beer, liquor, etc.

Word. I'm down to cook as well. Been known to throw down behind the stove.

I've only got a Webber charcoal grill but it's full size and I'll make sure to have extra charcoal. If you want to cook I gots no issue with that at all!

I've got a smoker... just sayin'. If I get my shit together the night before, I could smoke some pulled pork in advance or, if I can wrangle up a truck, I'd be willing to bring it. Its a pellet smoker, digital thermostat... pretty much set it and forget it except for checking on fuel and mopping the meat every hour or so.

Could also hit up the lady for a killer artichoke-spinach dip.

gr2daover
04-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Cant wait for this, gonna be a great time hanging with everyone like usual!

Delta V
04-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Hmmm, this is like right as my summer vacation starts, it's like a 10 hour drive but might be fun to meet a few djf's. I'll think about it!

Will MaXimal
04-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Hmmm, this is like right as my summer vacation starts, it's like a 10 hour drive but might be fun to meet a few djf's. I'll think about it!

Do it!

l0ckd0wn
04-18-2013, 03:43 AM

You've got a place to stay if you decide to come out! Just let me know sir!

FYI, flying into LGB airport may actually be cheaper than gas to out here... And I'm ~10min from the airport. Just saying... :teef:

gr2daover
04-18-2013, 06:39 PM
yes DeltaV you should do eet!!!!!

Budzak
04-22-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that weekend is free for me. Gonna see what I can do about driving down there. Last time I went to a SoCal meet, I did most of the driving and I ended up sleeping through most of the fun :argh:

streetspirit
04-22-2013, 04:24 PM
I'd be down to come by and play a DNB or Dubstep set for ya'll. I'm over here in Rancho Cucamonga/Inland Empire at the moment. It's about a 45 minute drive to the LBC.

l0ckd0wn
04-25-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that weekend is free for me. Gonna see what I can do about driving down there. Last time I went to a SoCal meet, I did most of the driving and I ended up sleeping through most of the fun :argh:

Just let me know so I can make arrangements, at this point I'm not 100% certain if Delta is coming either, so I can sleep about 3 comfortably, 4 if 2 of you want to cuddle... :uhoh:

Maybe a couple more on the couches in my living room.

I'd be down to come by and play a DNB or Dubstep set for ya'll. I'm over here in Rancho Cucamonga/Inland Empire at the moment. It's about a 45 minute drive to the LBC.

I don't know that dubstep would be appreciated, but I wouldn't mind the d&b at all! I want to note that if you are going to bring vinyl, you may want to bring your own needles.

You should update your location too! :D

streetspirit
04-25-2013, 08:57 PM
I could play some house too if that's what you guys like. I'll bring CDs unless you have Serato hooked up. I could also bring something for the potluck just not alcohol since I don't drink.

Finnish_Fox
04-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Don't care what you play, I do love some d'n'b. it's what got me into dance music, but now I'm all house music.

@lock... I'm sure you've got sound covered but I will offer up my RCF 12's.

l0ckd0wn
04-25-2013, 11:22 PM
@lock... I'm sure you've got sound covered but I will offer up my RCF 12's.

If you want to bring them over I wouldn't be opposed, as of right now I really only have enough to fill the house with music, although I may have a solution for that but I won't know until around May 20th or so (after I order a POS Pyle amp + frequency filters in hopes to power 2x JL 12W3V2s for bass and use my MTX 112s outside). I'm probably going to just run a laptop streaming off of Ustream (or some other internal network streaming solution) to get music into the backyard.

I could play some house too if that's what you guys like. I'll bring CDs unless you have Serato hooked up. I could also bring something for the potluck just not alcohol since I don't drink.

I have Traktor capable equipment, no Serato unfortunately.

Anything for the potluck would be great!

I'm also trying to encourage people to bring their significant other and/or friends with them; my girlfriend made a point to tell me that she would prefer to have some womenz over too so she isn't dealing with a bunch of obnoxious DJs... I think she may be on to something... :school:

l0ckd0wn
04-30-2013, 09:59 PM
It's confirmed, Delta V will be gracing us with his presence, all the way from Arizona!

Will MaXimal
05-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Lock, you have CDJ's right?

Maybe ill come by with some DJF merch :slayer:

DJNR
05-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I think I might be the youngest person attending.

Will MaXimal
05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I think I might be the youngest person attending.

How old?

gr2daover
05-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Well sorry to say but I may not be able to attend this function anymore. Its either this or be with my wife and kids who i dont see often, some of you know why. I will do my best to keep an update when i can give 100 % confirmation on this. Sorry as i was really looking forward to hangin out and kickin some beers back with a few of you.

l0ckd0wn
05-02-2013, 04:16 AM
Lock, you have CDJ's right?

As the main post says, no I do not have CD decks, just some Technic 1200s. Omar has confirmed that he will be bringing his CDJ 800s + Xone92.

Well sorry to say but I may not be able to attend this function anymore. Its either this or be with my wife and kids who i dont see often, some of you know why. I will do my best to keep an update when i can give 100 % confirmation on this. Sorry as i was really looking forward to hangin out and kickin some beers back with a few of you.

Sorry to hear man, was really looking to the meeting, but I completely understand why you'd bail for your kids and wife, and I don't blame you at all!

Do what you gotta do and take care man, if you can make it up on Sunday then head up for a short time if you'd like!

DJNR
05-02-2013, 05:05 PM
How old?

5char

gr2daover
05-02-2013, 08:40 PM
aight man ill do that if i can bro! really feel bad for bailing but i know you guys understand and is appreciated! not like this wont happen again you know.

Pavin
05-02-2013, 09:50 PM
downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Edit: Will bring alcohallz, also no worries DJNR, I'm 21, super young as well

Edit 2: Realized I'm playing at the Resurrect LA thing...

l0ckd0wn
05-02-2013, 11:06 PM
downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Edit: Will bring alcohallz, also no worries DJNR, I'm 21, super young as well

Edit 2: Realized I'm playing at the Resurrect LA thing...

Yeah I figured you weren't going to be there after seeing your name on Will's billing.

DJNR
05-03-2013, 01:03 AM
What now?

Pavin
05-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah I figured you weren't going to be there after seeing your name on Will's billing.

I'm sort of confused whats going down.. so DJF meet isn't going to be at the RessurectLA dealio?

Edit: I should really stop typing these responses when I'm so damn tired. However DJF meet starts at 1pm, so I could mosey on over to the Ressurect thing assuming people are going, and assuming I can get a ride out to the LB

Will MaXimal
05-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey Pavin!

The meet will not be a part of the Resla event. I am considering going to the meet depending on how the day goes :)

Delta V
05-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Grover bring yo wife & kidz, I'll play clean edits and Nicki Minaji

l0ckd0wn
05-15-2013, 09:00 PM
I've just received a message via FB from the one and only (East Coast) KEVIN JAMES!

He will be in town during the event and I plan on making sure he gets here... Him and his DONUT! :P

Finnish_Fox
05-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Grover bring yo kidz, bring yo kidz, cuz I'll rapin' errybody out there.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/antoine_dodson.jpg

Fixed. :uhoh:

Will MaXimal
05-21-2013, 12:14 PM
I am not sure if I will be able to make it Justin :(

Are you for sure doing a little sunday funday as well?

l0ckd0wn
05-22-2013, 12:25 AM
I am not sure if I will be able to make it Justin :(

Are you for sure doing a little sunday funday as well?

90%, but it's mostly going to be contingent upon who wants to come by or will still be here. KJ & Delta V are both going to be in town, but I'm not certain when either are departing.

Sunday is going to be a chill out day for me either way and I have no issues with having some peeps over as an encore.

I'll make a point to post up online the status for Sunday, but I'm thinking 90% 'yes' right now.

Delta V
05-22-2013, 12:38 AM
^ yeah I could chill for a bit. Your going to have 1200s there ya?

l0ckd0wn
05-22-2013, 02:37 AM
^ yeah I could chill for a bit. Your going to have 1200s there ya?

Yes sir, I will have 1200s for use although I recommend bringing your own needles and not rely on mine. Mine work (M44-7s) but I need new stylus'.

Delta, if you want to throw a mixer in your car JUST IN CASE, that wouldn't be a bad idea as my Korg I use as a line mixer away from the tables. Push come to shove I can pull out my MC6000 and use it as a mixer if we need be.

I don't anticipate playing on either day (unless it's a late afternoon Sunday thing) but have enough equipment to make my gear work.

At this point with Omar bringing his Xone 92 & CDJ 800s, I'm planning on having a setup outside in the garage so the back yard has it's own setup, then we can move inside once it gets dark to not disturb the neighbors.

My would-be father-in-law is bringing a huge gas grill and I plan on getting about 20-30lbs of meat & chicken for the day(s).

If anyone has a EZ-UP they could bring, that would be an awesome contribution!

I also am requesting folding/lawn chairs or something similar as I do not have a lot of out door seating.

Timo, if you are up for bringing your RCF 12's it would really help with the sound outside!

l0ckd0wn
05-23-2013, 04:03 AM
Things currently needed for the party:

Lawn chairs or other sitting devices
Beer
Liquor
Mixers like Juices or Soda
Side dishes like POTATO SALAD, PASTA SALAD, VEGETABLES, DIPS, SPREADS, SOMETHING ELSE EDIBLE, etc.
Firewood - I have a small firepit.
EZ-Ups or other SHADE STRUCTURES like BEACH UMBRELLAS
MOAR BEER
LIGHTS if you want to add to the atmosphere

I'm going to have a couple gallons of l0ckd0wn's own Tequila Lime Aid as well as cheap bear for drinks and of course providing a beef & chicken main course on the BBQ.

I anticipate having a beer pong table in the driveway and if we get enough desire and people, can have a tourney if we so choose.

If you would like to bring a piece of equipment JUST IN CASE, I would encourage it if for no other reason then being prepared (CDJs or mixer in a flight case)!

I want to also let people know that if they would like to CAMP OUT in my backyard, I highly recomend this over driving home drunk. I'm not your parent and respect you as an adult to decide upon your own intoxication levels. I have enough room in the back to accomodate a bunch of tents and can even provide a tent for someone who would like to spend the night, my tent would sleep 2 comfortably on cots (I have 2x military style cots).

DJNR
05-23-2013, 04:22 AM
This is starting to sound like DJF-Chella.

Blue Shoes
05-23-2013, 04:38 AM
I hate being Australian sometimes. I doubt I'll ever get to one of these meet-ups. I'm sure it'd be a lot of fun.

Maybe AdrianR and I can have a Melbourne meet and we can just sit in my bedroom looking into each other's eyes

l0ckd0wn
05-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Alright people, Saturday is the day!

Just a reminder!

ben mills
05-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Have fun, but noticed that you have neither hookers nor blow on the list.

Could be a mistake.

l0ckd0wn
05-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Have fun, but noticed that you have neither hookers nor blow on the list.

Could be a mistake.

Just because they are not on the list, doesn't mean they aren't present! :school:

streetspirit
05-29-2013, 11:47 PM
This is starting to sound like DJF-Chella.

Lol..

oliosky
05-30-2013, 04:21 AM
Wish I could hang out, play tunes and drink beer with Justin and the SoCal dudes. Y'all are super accommo****** and great company :)

DjBlanco
05-30-2013, 05:50 AM
booo ill be out the 20-25th driving to vegas for edc

l0ckd0wn
05-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Wish I could hang out, play tunes and drink beer with Justin and the SoCal dudes. Y'all are super accommo****** and great company :)

Twas good times and I'm glad to have hosted ya! Hope the fams well Oli! :)

DJNR
05-30-2013, 02:17 PM
booo ill be out the 20-25th driving to vegas for edc

So what does that have to do with June 1st?

DjBlanco
05-30-2013, 05:13 PM
So what does that have to do with June 1st?

because ill be home on the east coast and miss it not flying in to pick ppl up then driving out to vegas till the 20th

Giovanotto
05-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Lockdown - could you please place me on the "Maybe" list. Also, +1-2 guests if I do come. I'll definitely make sure to bring something. Probably beer, cigarettes, and/or whatever else I think of. Thanks.

DJNR
05-30-2013, 09:43 PM
because ill be home on the east coast and miss it not flying in to pick ppl up then driving out to vegas till the 20th

Ah I see

l0ckd0wn
05-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Lockdown - could you please place me on the "Maybe" list. Also, +1-2 guests if I do come. I'll definitely make sure to bring something. Probably beer, cigarettes, and/or whatever else I think of. Thanks.

Added! Hit me up if you want to call ahead or are interested in stuff to bring!

l0ckd0wn
06-01-2013, 03:12 AM
In 12 hours it begins people!

gr2daover
06-02-2013, 11:30 PM
well i hope it was a good time! sorry i couldnt make it but im sure i wasnt missed lol.

Flank4
06-03-2013, 11:32 AM
I had a great time, did some fun mixing and hanging out. Thanks to L0Ck for hosting the event.

Will MaXimal
06-03-2013, 12:06 PM
I had a great time, did some fun mixing and hanging out. Thanks to L0Ck for hosting the event.

Same here! Thank you for hosting and as always it was nice getting to meet some members face to face :slayer:

KLH
06-03-2013, 01:12 PM
You guys are making me homesick. Viva Nok Nok!!!

-KLH

Finnish_Fox
06-03-2013, 01:17 PM
It was nice putting some faces to names. Thanks to Delta V for rolling out from AZ and an especially big thanks to L0ck for hosting the best DJF meet that I've ever been to!

ben mills
06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
pics or it didn't happen

Delta V
06-03-2013, 06:36 PM
^ our recorded faderwave sesh is gone :(

Thanks again for hostin & hospitality L0ck!

KLH
06-03-2013, 06:58 PM
The vid's not gone; it's just hidden from public view. If Delta V, L0ckd0wn, and Flank4 agree, the video can be changed to be viewed publicly.

It looked like a great time!

-KLH

Delta V
06-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Oh hell yes!

l0ckd0wn
06-03-2013, 08:55 PM
My pleasure! Was a great time and was quite intimate with the fellas that showed! Very glad to have hosted and I think we should do another, or maybe a camping trip, sometime this summer. I'll probably be having an official house warming for friends and what not in July and I'll make sure you guys get notice.

I'm thinking camping around mid July, maybe near San Onofre on the beach if I can get a reservation.

KLH
06-04-2013, 12:39 PM
FYI, the video is now available to the public!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/33684469

Thanks again to L0ckd0wn for hosting the afterparty.

-KLH