PDA

View Full Version : JBL PRX618S-XLF vs Yorkville LS801P finishing the topic

DJAkash
02-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Sorry for a somewhat repost but I am thinking of purchasing this week, better safe than sorry.
The JBL I have hear overheats and i have not heard yorkies do such a thing.
this being said is that true still? and is the QSC kw181 better than the two?
Thank you :)

Al Poulin
02-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Sorry for a somewhat repost but I am thinking of purchasing this week, better safe than sorry.
The JBL I have hear overheats and i have not heard yorkies do such a thing.
this being said is that true still? and is the QSC kw181 better than the two?
Thank you :)

I have never heard of any Yorkville powered speaker or sub overheating, so I feel this is something Yorkville has mastered = I don't think you would need to worry about that. As for the JBL, there have been a few reports, but I think common sense (letting the unit breathe properly) and not running it at its limit all night would go a long way to completely avoiding overheating issues. As for which is better of the 3, it depends what is important to you. Maximum thump for your $$$ would go to the 801P while sound quality would go to QSC and JBL. All three are great subs. Weight might also be important if you work alone, so that is something else to consider.

Al

DJAkash
02-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Bu any chance do you know if they all gave hpf or lpf(the one that makes shb handle bass and gives tops more high mid volume)? I use rcf 312as. Thx

audiopyle
02-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Only the JBL has highpassed line outputs.

DJAkash
02-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Yorkvilles website states that the 801p has high frequency roll off, is that sufficient with rcf 312a(2) and better in loudness than jbl still?

Incognito
02-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Yorkvilles website states that the 801p has high frequency roll off, is that sufficient with rcf 312a(2) and better in loudness than jbl still?
To tell the truth, it would be an insult to the RCF tops you have to muddy up the clean sound they produce by polluting their potential with the LS801P. You'll end up not even using the full potential of the LS801P anyway since it will be out powering your tops potential so you'd be much better off with either the JBL or the QSC (QSC does have a history of hitting their limiters fast but by this point you're already producing good SPL anyway).

DJAkash
02-26-2012, 05:00 PM
To finish the debate, I decided on JBL, the crossover and sound quality won me over, and also the price being lower than the 801p was just overkill