PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting Baller95 vs Eric_Brian - Wild 5 minute quick mix battle

JonAvalon
04-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Mix 1 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5847651/Battles/baller95-vs-ericbrian-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5847651/Battles/baller95-vs-ericbrian-2.mp3)

Rules:
5 mins max
Any genre

mr_ragz
04-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Mix one: Every mix was very clean accept that $20 came in really quiet. Pretty boring though for a "wild" mix :shrug:
Mix two: Pretty fucking wild! :slayer:

My vote is for mix two.

CountElectrfique
04-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Well, that is difficult for me to decide. To be honest, I didn't like neither of mixes much, sorry guys.
Mix1 was pretty good technically, but it was very boring for me to listen, nothing really "wild" about it. I heard some problems with leveling somewhere, I think? Mix2 was almost unlistenable for me, sorry. Too much is going on, overusage of effects, I am pretty sure I heard some clipping. Too messy for me.

My vote goes to Mix1, at least it was ok to listen to.

No hard feelings, guys.

M!TCH
04-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Mix 1: Sounds like typical Top 40 bar style mix.

Mix 2: I couldn't make it past a minute, the audio quality was awful and definitely sounded like clipping to me and overuse of effects (if that is indeed what was being used)

Vote has to go to mix 1 as it was audible.

novadnb
04-06-2013, 09:41 AM
I agree with the two posts above, mix 2 was distorted (audio level) and "'busy". Mix 1 maybe was not as quick, but definitely much cleaner. Mix 1 is my vote.

Stigna
04-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I vote for mix one. Much cleaner.
Mix two needs to watch their red lines.

Hightopfade
04-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Mix 1 was too conservative to qualify for wild. My vote goes to Mix 2.

Marco Bass
04-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Mix 1: mayby not very wild but technically good
Mix 2: audio quality is very low. too much going on- just let the track play without that many the effects you can throw in some effects but not too many.
My vote goes to mix 1

BOWNSIR
04-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Mix 1- Mixes were good and I agree with what some people have already mentioned; a not so wild top 40 selection. Overall good phrasing.

Mix 2- Definitely wild! Mixing could have used some better planning, effects (in my opinion) were overused, and your levels were clipping throughout the whole mix :(.

Vote = Mix 1

Zafire
04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Not particularly into the whole 5 minute thing.....Anyways....

Mix 1 for me.

Mix 2 i dunno what happened?Clipping, out of sync, using every single effect and ratio humanly possible within 5 minutes?

DjFloMatic
04-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Voted Mix 1 nothing crazy but way smoother transitions

Mix 2 I only made about 1/2 way through, scratching was off, transitions were sloppy, vocals clashed, way to much use of effects.

KLH
04-10-2013, 12:01 PM
I love the concept of this battle. I wish that the word "wild" wasn't part of the title because I believe the DJ who did mix number 2 interpreted "wild" to mean "break all of the rules of mixing that DJs live by" which should never be the case.

Mix 1 was very well done. I loved listening to it and hope that another one of these battles happen so that I can join in the fun!

Mix 2 should not have been submitted. NO MIX should ever have a trainwreck (1:15), so I don't know how that was missed.

Mix 1 got my vote.

-KLH

Sigma
04-12-2013, 08:39 AM
This battle is like Dr. Jekyll Vs. Mr. Hyde or some shit, haha. The mixes are pretty much opposites.

1 - Dr. Jekyll. Tight mixing, but not really wild. The levels were all over the place, and the loudest track was still too quiet.

2 - Mr. Hyde. Terrible mixing, but pretty wild. The levels were consistent, but the whole thing was clipping to fuck.

I've never seen a mix look like this in an audio editor before, lol: -

http://i.imgur.com/uqApLUI.jpg

My vote has to go to 1. If your levels had been on point, it would have been a really slick little mix. I'm not sure how to interpret the "wild" part of the rules, as I think whoever did 2 was just having a bit of fun and pissing about, but the fact that it was so distorted due to the levels made it borderline unlistenable to me.

alazydj
04-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Easy decision.

Really though, #1 wasn't too hype...but it did sound good!

eric.brian
04-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the listens, voting, and your feedback. Real helpful. Repped. I'm Mix 1.

Baller95, thanks for having this battle. 5 minutes is a great concept.

Baller95
04-17-2013, 04:47 AM
Great mix Eric.brian. I tried really hard on my mix but guess no one liked it much :lol: :teef:

DJ Tectonix
04-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Mix 2 was very distorted with terrible audio quality and a lot of clipping, Mix 1 was a little boring for a "Wild" mix but at least it didn't ruin my speakers from the static... My vote goes to Mix 1