PDA

View Full Version : Changing music folder names that are tied to Serato

Nick Bike
02-03-2012, 09:25 AM
I want to re-name my main folder for music, but I don't want to have to re-import my tunes to SSL when I re-name the folder. Is there a way to do this or am I stuck?

Lazerick
02-03-2012, 10:27 AM
I would just create a new crate, select all the tunes in the old crate, drop them in the new create, delete the old crate.

Nick Bike
02-03-2012, 12:12 PM
it's not actually a crate i'm trying to re-name, it's a normal folder on my HD.

Konix
02-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Rename the folder, then you will have to drag the folder onto the Relocate Lost Files button in the Files panel in Scratch Live. Well, actually first, you will need to click the Rescan ID3 tags button. This will turn all the songs pink and missing for those songs that were in the folder (before renaming). Then drag the newly renamed folder onto the Relocate Lost Files button (drag the folder from within the Files panel/navigation). This will update the songs with the new location (well, same location, different folder name, same difference really).

Nick Bike
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
cool thanks Konix. so this won't reset the date added?

Konix
02-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure the rescan id3 tags will reset the date added to today's date, unfortunately. You can test it though first, make a copy of your _Serato_ folder(s), then try the rescan. If it resets the date, close SL and delete the _Serato_ folder(s) and put the backup copy back in its place.

Nick Bike
02-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure the rescan id3 tags will reset the date added to today's date, unfortunately. You can test it though first, make a copy of your _Serato_ folder(s), then try the rescan. If it resets the date, close SL and delete the _Serato_ folder(s) and put the backup copy back in its place.

damn, ok i might just wait for the right time and then get that over with. thanks!

Konix
02-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Again, not 100% sure. Don't have my computer with me now, but I'll test it later for you.

Konix
02-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Ok, tested it out and it did NOT reset the date added. So you should be good, but I'd make a backup copy of the _Serato_ folder anyway just in case.

Nick Bike
02-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Ok, tested it out and it did NOT reset the date added. So you should be good, but I'd make a backup copy of the _Serato_ folder anyway just in case.

oh nice. I will give it a go this week and see how it goes. thanks!