PDA

View Full Version : Steady Flow

Meer
03-31-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm finally starting to come along with my mixes there starting to transition well and I'm starting to get the phases down so the vocals hit at the right time or that the songs build together. But when I mix I tend to change song at least every 1 & 1/2 minutes. I like this but I know others don't. Any help on improving my flow would be appreciated.

I'm specifically looking for info on
- how long you would averagely play a song.
- do you like to constantly have two songs blending or just use parts of songs to complement others.
- transitions I tend to do a lot of build up transitions and want to add some more relaxed vibes to my mixes so any techniques to seamlessly change music
to keep a funky flow, not a high energy flow which I'm stuck in the rut of doing.
- And the best parts to align phases e.g. as in if i want the vocals on song one to align with the break of song two and then steadily gain energy together i have to cue song one's intro to start 16 bars before the break starts and then introduce it.

I'm probably talking a load of pony not really great at explaining things but hopefully one of you will understand what I mean.

Any help appropriated

;)