PDA

View Full Version : Maschine Mackie Control emulation stops working randomly?

mostapha
02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Anyone experienced this?

It's always been a little buggy, but it goes from working as well as it ever does to just not doing anything randomly. Happens on Logic 9.•whatever• and Live 8.•whatever• on OS X 10.7.………uhh……I should look that one up…it's the current one.

Maschine should also be up to date, though IDK if it's firmware is updated at all.

Also, is this the kind of quality/reliability I can expect from an MCU Pro, or is it NI's emulation that's broken?

Blueprint
02-24-2012, 04:34 PM
It's Native Instruments, if you notice, Maschine will work perfectly - even in the same session but once you switch to MC, it'll freeze or stop responding. This obviously leads me to believe it's a software problem.

mostapha
02-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Great.

Oh well…there really isn't a reason a $600 controller that also comes with software and was designed for something else should be able to emulate a $1000 piece of hardware. Annoying, though.

It was so weird…it was awesome for a few weeks. No issues. Then it would just stop working randomly. Restarting the session usually doesn't fix it either.

If it doesn't start working better, I might end up buying a BCF this weekend.

Blueprint
02-24-2012, 07:00 PM
i know it's not a resounding review, but be happy it can control maschine as well as it can, some midi controllers even suck for what they're intended for.

drop1
02-24-2012, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't make excuses for NI. I used to run a Berhinger BCF2000 in mackie mode and it worked flawlessly. I'm getting sick of these big companys and thier half measures. For what we pay for this stuff it should friggin work. Don't get me started on Steinberg,s vst bridge. Supposed to be able to use 32bit plugins in thier 64bit daw. Yeah right! You can buy a third party bridge that works great but Steinberg refuses to get thier shit together.

Mystic
02-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Behringer was not without it's flaws either. I had the BCA2000 for my mobile system and the thing was pure rubbish. The drivers for it were terrible to the point that Behringer eventually decided to scrap the whole unit because they could never get it working properly and discontinued it while they continued manufacturing the BCF and BCR. I ended up returning mine out of frustration.

I will never buy another Behringer product. Or Tascam. May they both go out of business for wasting my time with shoddy products and terrible support. :mad:

drop1
02-24-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm not praising berhinger, simply stating that I would expect product from companies like NI to work better preforming the same task (Mackie emulation).

mostapha
02-25-2012, 03:28 PM
IDK…I'm starting to think that NI has started sucking at making real products.

Skeyelab
02-27-2012, 11:17 AM
BCF2000 is a nice product. Works wonderfully.

mostapha
02-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Cool. IIRC, it doesn't have scribble strips. Are the knobs pan only or are they vpots, and if so, is it weird to know what they're controlling?