PDA

View Full Version : Connecting my s2 to my xone 42

DJ ArmanB
02-24-2012, 03:48 AM
Hey guys, I was just wondering is there anyway to connect my s2 to one of my xone 42's channels? All i want is to get sound into my mixer and out my speakers, I don't want to mix on my xone. I tried connecting to output on the s2 to the input on my xone and I got no signal/sound.

Thanks

silentsounds
02-24-2012, 06:15 AM
Make sure you're on the line level.
Make sure the mixer is on.
Make sure none of the filters are engaged
Make sure your EQs and Faders are in proper position.

Have you connected the S2's output to speakers before? If that works, so should this.

DJ ArmanB
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
all those were checked and in the correct settings. I have connected my s2 to speakers, but with the quarter inch outputs not the RCA outputs. If it matters when I connect my ipod to my xone with a Y adapter cable I also get no sound. Could it be that the mixer just does not support such connections?

Hibbo
02-27-2012, 04:58 PM
This is my home setup now, simply plug the master output (Jack or Phono) into one of the 4 Line (actually 6) Line In inputs on your xone and you should be away.
Make sure you have the dry/wet knobs on the xone all way to dry aswell, that might be your problem if your leads are all connected correctly.

silentsounds
02-27-2012, 07:06 PM
all those were checked and in the correct settings. I have connected my s2 to speakers, but with the quarter inch outputs not the RCA outputs. If it matters when I connect my ipod to my xone with a Y adapter cable I also get no sound. Could it be that the mixer just does not support such connections?

I'd try different cables. Based on what you are describing, this SHOULD work.

The only other thing I can recommend beyond this is to turn the gain up. Some sources tend to become very soft when connected to the 42.

DJ ArmanB
03-01-2012, 05:26 AM
I got this solved guys, for some reason I needed to raise my gain levels nearly all the way... Kinda weird, but whatever it works.

silentsounds
03-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Figured. When I connected my phone to the 42 I needed to turn the gains up to hear anything.