PDA

View Full Version : You have to buy a USB key for a trial?

DJArmani
03-14-2013, 08:15 PM
I tried to get the trial of Cubase, and they say it's a REQUIREMENT for a 30$ usb. What if I don't like the software? It's a complete rip-off :mad:. Same thing with pro tools. Why do they make you do this instead of just trying the trial? Also which (in your opinion) is better to create House? Cubase or Pro Tools?

login
03-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Ableton Live, and the demo or full product dont requiere dongle.

Also: Reaper and FL Studio.

DJArmani
03-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Ableton Live, and the demo or full product dont requiere dongle.

Also: Reaper and FL Studio.

Thanks! Trying ableton now.

Mystic
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Sonar also doesn't require a dongle.

xyloft
03-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Also which (in your opinion) is better to create House? Cubase or Pro Tools?

doesn't matter. no DAW is better than any other DAW for producing a type of music.

the only thing that matters is if the DAW works for your workflow.

Skeyelab
03-18-2013, 02:44 PM
I tried to get the trial of Cubase, and they say it's a REQUIREMENT for a 30$ usb. What if I don't like the software? It's a complete rip-off :mad:. Same thing with pro tools. Why do they make you do this instead of just trying the trial? Also which (in your opinion) is better to create House? Cubase or Pro Tools?

I experienced this when wanting to demo Nuendo Live. I guess I'll just be buying the key when I have a gig so I can demo the software in a real setting.

Mystic
03-18-2013, 09:50 PM
That's been one of the things keeping me from seriously looking at Cubase 7. I won't buy it without a trial. Not really sure why they require a dongle but even moreso why they don't use iLok like everyone else.

Atomisk
03-19-2013, 08:28 AM
They require a dongle because they don't want their software getting cracked, obviously.

I ordered my dongle & downloaded the Cubase 7 trial yesterday. Can't wait!

Mystic
03-19-2013, 09:02 PM
They require a dongle because they don't want their software getting cracked, obviously.

I ordered my dongle & downloaded the Cubase 7 trial yesterday. Can't wait!

A dongle for the actual program I can understand. A dongle for the trial? Not so much.