PDA

View Full Version : Loadsa Help for a n00b required here!

DJ Savage
02-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Ok, sorry to bug you all buy I need to ask this well made forum a favour. On March the 1st, I get to pick what lessons I want to do in school. Music > DJing is a subject I can study, but I dont know what I would be going through if I chose that.

Also, if you could give me a hand and check out my song 'remixes' on YouTube? I only have one, and I don't know what programs to use if I want to properly remix the song (Move Parts around etc). The song I used on my first remix was Keb Ashcorps 20% Cooler. I used Audacity to increase the pitch, lower the bass and amplify it. It sounds kind of crappy and beginner-y but I would love it if you could check it out: www.YouTube.com/savagedenuts

fueledbymusic
02-23-2012, 10:19 PM
I didnt even know there was a class for a DJ

alazydj
02-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Well, I'd personally say you're looking into production and music is a class you should take. I regret never learning music theory while I was in school.

DJ Tutor on youtube should help you start spinning choons...and DJForums has a wealth of knowledgeable people (Marc S, Nick Bike, Sigma, NPC, KLH...etc)

Your remix was distorted...VERY distorted. The low frequencies muddied everything up. But since it's an experiment, I'd say do exactly the same thing, but try lowering the gain on the low frequencies to make it sound more even.

Good luck, and have fun :D

Manu
02-24-2012, 01:53 AM
KHL

KLH :p

alazydj
02-24-2012, 02:25 AM
Whooops :D

(I must be watching too much hockey)

Edited for fear of being neg'd xD

Lost Connection
02-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Whooops :D

(I must be watching too much hockey)

Edited for fear of being neg'd xD

There's no such thing as watching too much hockey :lol:

And to add a few more: Manu (who already found his way on to this thread too:D), Ellissentials, Friction, Stripe, J and Andrew B. I remember back in djf 1.0 when Andrew helped me out nicely so a big plus for him :tup: