PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With An Issue That I'm Having W/ My Numark TTX1 Tonearm Base Assembly

djransom
03-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I recently purchased a pair of TTX1s from a buddy. They worked fine until I dropped one and broke the tonearm assembly. I call myself being handy and used 2 assemblies from a pair of old TT200s I had lying around. After I did the swap I could only hear sound out of one channel via regular vinyl and Serato would give me a straight line down the middle in the scope. I did not have this issue prior to the swap. Is the issue with the assemblies or the deck themselves?

DjLiquitATL
03-12-2013, 09:35 AM
sound issues are always related to bad wires/connections. The tonearm base doesn't transfer the sound the cardas wires do.

(1) Clean the tonearm connections to make sure the contacts are CLEAN
- you have to clean both the part where the tonearm connects, and the part where the cart connects
(2) make sure your RCA cables are soldered in correct
- make sure they are not cross wired, loose, and most important make sure the ground is grounded correctly...without it sound will not pass
(3) take pictures so we can help you out further

the cardas cables are super thin and can be messed up very easily if you are not gentle...this guy is great for ordering parts though

http://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/m1200.htm

djransom
03-13-2013, 08:48 AM
sound issues are always related to bad wires/connections. The tonearm base doesn't transfer the sound the cardas wires do.

(1) Clean the tonearm connections to make sure the contacts are CLEAN
- you have to clean both the part where the tonearm connects, and the part where the cart connects
(2) make sure your RCA cables are soldered in correct
- make sure they are not cross wired, loose, and most important make sure the ground is grounded correctly...without it sound will not pass
(3) take pictures so we can help you out further

the cardas cables are super thin and can be messed up very easily if you are not gentle...this guy is great for ordering parts though

http://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/m1200.htm

I'm going to take some pics this evening and post them.

DTR
03-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Please do not post the same thread twice. As you've made another thread in the Turntables section, I'm closing this one.