PDA

View Full Version : Contract fora stand alone lighting system???

Dix
02-23-2012, 04:08 PM
First, if the mods feel like this is better served in the lighting section, feel free to move it but .... I thought it was as much a mobile question so...

I had a call from a lady about a sweet 16 & she says the kids want to play their own music so she was inquiring about a lighting system. I quoted a price & she sounded interested so I thought I better get some ideas on putting together a contract for lighting only. Any tips or suggestions?

Rep for all relevant posts :)

TC

Sween
02-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Are you setting and forgetting on "sound active" and leaving?

or

Are you going to stay and operate the lighting via DMX or something?

It's the difference between a "rental" contract and a "service" contract...

Dix
02-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Are you setting and forgetting on "sound active" and leaving?

or

Are you going to stay and operate the lighting via DMX or something?

It's the difference between a "rental" contract and a "service" contract...

Sween, as you know, seldom do I sell a lighting package with my gigs here so I don't have a lot of lights nor (to answer your question) do I run my lights via DMX. I just don't spend a lot of money on products or services that don't have the return. So, I will allow the lights to run "sound active" which is what I do anyway for my gigs. So, it sounds like it will probably be a rental agreement. However, I am still up in the air as whether I will leave them or stay there for 4 hours.

I quoted $150 for a "Tree" not a truss, to come set up & go back & take down... or stay there. Its in the community of Swartz about 10 miles from here generally speaking. The tree will consist of 5 light fixtures.

Sween
02-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Don't stay.

The kids mixing their own music on the iPod will just end up irritating you...

Set em up and go home... or make arrangements to catch a few beers with your friends. Get paid in advance 100% before you turn them on.

Change your contract to make them 100% liable for damages, theft, etc... Your insurance will not cover you unless YOU are there...

Consider asking for an extra $100 security deposit.

DJ Scotch
02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
LOST AND DAMAGED EQUIPMENT
1. Customer is responsible for any damage to equipment other than normal wear and tear, the extent of which is to be determined by DIXIELAND DJ,
INC.
2. Burned out bulbs must be returned for credit. Broken or unreturned bulbs will be charged at list price without deduction for depreciation.
3. If by agreement, DIXIELAND DJ, INC. does deliver and/or pick up rented equipment to or from customer, customer shall be responsible for all loss
and/or damages to the equipment from time of delivery until equipment is actually picked up or returned to our facility.
4. In the event of loss or damage to rented equipment, customer agrees that the value of the equipment shall be listed in the manufacturer's current retail price less
any discounts without deduction for depreciation plus any shipping or taxes when applicable.
5. In the event that any equipment is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, customer shall immediately pay DIXIELAND DJ, INC. the current retail list
price less any discounts without deduction for depreciation plus any shipping and taxes when applicable.
6. Acceptance of the return of the rented equipment does not waive claims against renter for latent or hidden damage to equipment.
7. Customer is also responsible for loss of rental income while equipment is being repaired or replaced. At no time will rental charges apply to purchase of
equipment.
8. In case of equipment damage, a check for the amount of the insurance deductible is due at rental return.

Just add to any normal rental agreement and you are all set!!