PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get more creative on the decks

TIMMBO
03-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Other than scratching (which I'm in the process and early stages of learning) are there any other techniques or little things that can be done to improve / make the set more noticeable and head turnin or is it just mainly beat matching / mixing which can only b done. I'm so out of touch but I'm really keen to soak up what info can b given my way. I've attempted to search in YouTube but Slightly unsure how to word it so not really getting any good tips (Loads on scratching techniques though)
I'm mainly spinning house/funky house, techno n trance.

All I'm using is 2x TT (str8-150) so could utilise the reverse mode n stop n start up speed option!!!! with an everyday run of the mill mixer.

Thanks. And look forward to hearing your ideas and techniques that you may use

ben mills
03-08-2013, 04:52 PM
What kind of music do you play?

CamDaze
03-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Rather than looking for techniques in youtube, look for live performance videos of your favorite DJs. Aside from scratching, the things that turn peoples' heads in a mix are unique ways to bring in tracks, or just the tracks themselves. Any time I see a really killer DJ live, I get new ideas for my ideas. You can just listen and try to emulate, which will help you discover new things on your own, or there are a few different sites that show the DJs hands. MixMag and DJSounds are groups that feature videos like these.

Hamza21
03-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Wait??? I just answered this question on another forum.:eek:
http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=68612

TIMMBO
03-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks hamza, looks like NLiNcS has got good questions as well ;)

TheRabbitMonk
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
i've seen dj angelo tutorials before but after watching some of them again i think he's 2nd to none. excellent explanations delivered in a clear, concise way

nuttytexture
03-11-2013, 08:28 PM
i watch nickelodeon cartoons from the 90s