PDA

View Full Version : Moguai Live right MEOW!

fat8ack
02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
He is killing...I did not know where to post this so I put it here. What does he have going on with ipad's? Looks like he is having fun and that is awesome.

http://www.be-at.tv/brands/be-at-tv/be-at-podcast/b-tv-presents/moguai.go

the4thImpulse
02-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Looks like TouchOSC, perhaps controlling a part of ableton.

Thanks for posting this!

fat8ack
02-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Looks like he is going to play a pretty long set too!

Era 7
02-23-2012, 01:34 PM
pretty cool. like his setup.

fat8ack
02-23-2012, 01:37 PM
pretty cool. like his setup.

Yeah that qualifies for the dream setup thread, for sure!

Sween
02-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Looks like TouchOSC, perhaps controlling a part of ableton.

Thanks for posting this!

OK... I have Ableton. And I have an iPad. I need to find out more... I looked in to touch OSC but that looks different? VST's?

Era 7
02-23-2012, 02:06 PM
OK... I have Ableton. And I have an iPad. I need to find out more... I looked in to touch OSC but that looks different? VST's?

i think its the same what Funkagenda uses which would be the app "Touchable"

fat8ack
02-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Must be some VST's running with the 2xCDJ200's and the DJM2000.....I dunno but he is just killing it. I love this progressive/electro sound like this.....so so dope!

Sween
02-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Must be some VST's running with the 2xCDJ200's and the DJM2000.....I dunno but he is just killing it. I love this progressive/electro sound like this.....so so dope!

Yeah... He's quickly destroying all hopes I had of ever being that good...

Era 7
02-23-2012, 02:11 PM
truely underrated imo.

fat8ack
02-23-2012, 02:19 PM
truely underrated imo.

^^^^^^^!!!!

Andrew B
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Looks like Touch OSC on the left and Touch-able on the right, but I'm not totally positive. He's obviously not using the CDJs.

fat8ack
02-23-2012, 02:34 PM
I just like that he really looks like his is having a great time. That is key to me.

fat8ack
02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Looks like Touch OSC on the left and Touch-able on the right, but I'm not totally positive. He's obviously not using the CDJs.

I think he may be using the right pad as a library for the CDJ's as I saw him do a backspin earlier and saw him tapping the the cue.

Andrew B
02-23-2012, 02:47 PM
I think he may be using the right pad as a library for the CDJ's as I saw him do a backspin earlier and saw him tapping the the cue.

No. He might be using a CDJ occasionally, but he's using the iPads as MIDI controllers for Ableton.

When I was watching, the iPads were on top of the CDJs.

fat8ack
02-23-2012, 02:58 PM
No. He might be using a CDJ occasionally, but he's using the iPads as MIDI controllers for Ableton.

When I was watching, the iPads were on top of the CDJs.

Yeah they move around quite a bit. I have never seen Ableton to look like the right pad though. I have not seen him touch the CDJ's though since he did the backspin.

If he is using Ableton does that mean he is basically syncing? Not trying to troll my own thread just wondering.

Edit: ahhhhh maybe VST's running in Ableton through the ipad's......hmmmmmm. Either way he is killing.

Edit 2: he is on the CDJ now.....hahahaha sorry....

Andrew B
02-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Yes, typically all tracks would be warped so they can sync to the same BPM.

Ableton doesn't look like the right iPad because you can't put Ableton on an iPad. Like I said, it's a controller. His computer is to the far right. And you can't run VSTis on an iPad because there's no host program. He could mirror VSTis from his computer, but that would be silly.

fat8ack
02-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Yes, typically all tracks would be warped so they can sync to the same BPM.

Ableton doesn't look like the right iPad because you can't put Ableton on an iPad. Like I said, it's a controller. His computer is to the far right. And you can't run VSTis on an iPad because there's no host program. He could mirror VSTis from his computer, but that would be silly.

What ever he is doing he is doing a fine job of it, that's fo sho!:)