PDA

View Full Version : heaphone recommendation please (strong comfortable , one-ear mounting)

DJ Matt
02-25-2013, 06:46 PM
i broke me headphones last weekend:teef:

damn, reloop headphones! look nice, but i would not buy them again.
they feel like wearing a neck brace when they are around your neck, not very comfortable when in one-ear position. and well .......they break:mad:

i want to get a good set of headhpones now.
a friend of mine has the technics rp dh1200 and i quite like them.! comfortable!

is that the way to go? or are there other recommendations

thankyou very much, in advance.

den1213
02-25-2013, 10:37 PM
There is a thread that reviews headphones you may want to check out. I Like Pioneer (HDJ 2000), the sound, the look, and the build is exceptional.

Gerardamo
02-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Pioneer and Heath & xone are my favorite.

Phil Noize
02-26-2013, 04:26 AM
For the money, Sennheiser HD-25 II are hands down the best cans IMHO.

oliosky
02-26-2013, 05:12 AM
Sony V6 (MDR7506)

KLH
02-26-2013, 05:45 AM
+1 on the 7506/v6.

-KLH

DJ_BLAKNITE
02-26-2013, 08:14 AM
v moda crossfade lp........ great price and comfortable

l0ckd0wn
03-15-2013, 02:14 AM
@Matt

The DH1200s are ~5lb, no joke. I used to use them before I got my HD-25-1 IIs and I had replaced the Sony MDR700DJ (which I wouldn't recommend to anyone). The Technics are heavy, and break in the same places as the Sony MDR700DJ, the Pio HDJ-1000, the Technic RP DJ1200 (different than the DH), and a bunch of others that use similar, bad, designs.

I've been shopping for new cans for awhile now because I have $100 to spend at AGI (store credit) and I've wanted some OVER EAR headphones so that I can put down my Sennheiser's and replace a few components, use those for studio work and personal listening - The on-ear design hurts after a period of time for me, so I wanted to get back towards more traditional, over-ear DJ headphones.

What I limited my selection down to is that the V-Moda Crossfades, the Pio HDJ-2000s, the TMA-1 Studio (although they haven't reviewed very well either, and after Jason Cerna's issue with the Pro's I may stay away), and the Shure SRH750DJ.

I'm going to try and get to Guitar Center or Sam Ash this weekend to see about trying out the V-Moda's (doubtful) and the Shure's, but after reading a ton of reviews on the Serato Forums, the Scratchworx archive, DJTT and some other sites, I've basically found that the Pios are pretty much still pick of the litter, even though they have the highest price tag.

The Shure's are supposed to be great for sound quality but generally a lot smaller than most other DJ oriented headphones.

I'd really love to hear a comparison between the TMA-1 Pro vs Studio.

For the money, Sennheiser HD-25 II are hands down the best cans IMHO.

I love mine, but I don't love the on-ear design and wish I could get something to make them over-ear, then I wouldn't even bother getting another set of headphones.

This was from another thread, but it goes along with what I was saying (and I wear eye glasses too);

Myself personally, I wouldn't want to use a pair of Sennheiser HD25 headphones with an iPod unless I had no other option. Especially since I wear glasses, because these headphones are pretty uncomfortable if you wear glasses.

Since they are not in ear or over the ear, they aren't very comfortable when you're walking or jogging.