PDA

View Full Version : why isn't there an OLDIES forum in music?

fatcatdj
02-23-2013, 02:51 AM
other EDM's is too varied......

anyways...here's my questions.

On 1970's Rare Earth' "Get Ready" which was recorded live, how did the audience know to whistle and cheer
when the song started. They obviously didn't know it was going to be a hit or anything. In fact a few there probably
knew it was a Temptations cover. The BPM compared to their's was off the chart

Also on Frampton Comes Alive, same question. Why did the audience cheer and whistle when they first heard the
beginning of "Show Me The Way"? It originally wasn't a single or anything, but a slower paced cut on one of Frampton's
earlier forgettable albums. Also if you were a pre-FCA fan, the only song on the album that resembled the BPM
was "Baby I love your way" which is understandable with the scattered cheers heard at the beginning of the song.

OK I don't go to bed thinking about things like that, but I am very intelligent and stuff like this travels through my brain all the time. :)

xyloft
02-23-2013, 11:18 AM
other EDM's is too varied......

anyways...here's my questions.

On 1970's Rare Earth' "Get Ready" which was recorded live, how did the audience know to whistle and cheer
when the song started. They obviously didn't know it was going to be a hit or anything. In fact a few there probably
knew it was a Temptations cover. The BPM compared to their's was off the chart

Also on Frampton Comes Alive, same question. Why did the audience cheer and whistle when they first heard the
beginning of "Show Me The Way"? It originally wasn't a single or anything, but a slower paced cut on one of Frampton's
earlier forgettable albums. Also if you were a pre-FCA fan, the only song on the album that resembled the BPM
was "Baby I love your way" which is understandable with the scattered cheers heard at the beginning of the song.

OK I don't go to bed thinking about things like that, but I am very intelligent and stuff like this travels through my brain all the time. :)

i know nothign about these two songs, but

so the released version that has cheering was the first time they played that song in public ever? or were there other shows where they played this song before it was released. Maybe fans had heard it live on TV/Radio before they recorded it.

there are lots of ways to get people to cheer even if they dont know the song. My guess is the song may have been the first song of the night, which would make sense, because no one knew it.

:shrug:

Andrew B
02-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Live albums are generally patchwork, edited together from many different shows. In some cases they use overdubs and studio recordings in the mix. Also, audiences can be "coached."

drzinc
02-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Live albums are sometimes embellished with crowd sounds much like a sitcom is with laugh tracks.

Dix
02-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Live albums are generally patchwork, edited together from many different shows. In some cases they use overdubs and studio recordings in the mix. Also, audiences can be "coached."

Live albums are sometimes embellished with crowd sounds much like a sitcom is with laugh tracks.

This was my first thought...
The producer could have edited it in when putting the track together...

Windows 95
02-23-2013, 12:11 PM
earlier forgettable albums. It was on "Frampton" which was released in March of 1975.

The dates "Frampton Comes Alive" was recorded:
Marin County Civic Center, San Rafael, CA, June 13, 1975
Winterland Ballroom, San Francisco, CA, June 14, 1975
Long Island Arena, Commack, NY, August 24, 1975
SUNY Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, NY, November 22, 1975

Audiences would have definitely known the song. Plus the "Talk Box" was something a lot of Funk guitarists used, but not many Rock guitarists. So the sound sound was new to Rock audiences.

fatcatdj
02-24-2013, 03:06 AM
You are a Google search Windows 95. Thanks for that. XLYloft---these are perhaps two of the greatest LIVE albums ever produced! I mean House, Trance
and Electro is fun but....

Jimanee
01-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Have actually wondered the same thing.

There is a Beyoncé Vid, where someone seems to know the lyrics at 2:00, how would they :ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJBfv9CHlcw&list=RDOb7vObnFUJc