PDA

View Full Version : Party Ideas

frandomeda
02-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Sup guys! I got a new night that I will be pushing and well... this is my first night to promote. I am doing the flyers myself, got some friends DJing. This particular night used to get 500+ people every week but it began to fall off. I started DJing there and the manager asked me to help him with the door... so I also do websites and flyers so I am putting all of that into work to make the night happen.

So far I got planned a pajama party. Most of the people that go there are college kids looking for fun like that. What other types of parties (in your experience as a college person) do you guys recommend not only for me but for the community?

bernardgregory
02-23-2012, 12:44 AM
highlighter party
foam party

or if you're in LA just book me and ill bring em out *_*

Ferryman
02-23-2012, 08:42 AM
cross-dressing party? :P

Adzm00
02-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Gay night.

Schreiber
02-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Not sure if the venue would be cool with this, but Rubix cubes parties are always a blast.

c-hawk
02-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Disco Night

Quentin Legend
02-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Foam parties are always fun.

DJWhoQE
02-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Foam parties are always fun.
And fucking destroy everything...

One cool idea that a buddy of mine had was a "ball pit" party. Instead of getting disgusting play-pen balls, however, we filled up hundreds of balloons with just enough helium that they'd eventually float back down to the ground. About half-way through the night they all started dropping, and you can imagine how cool that was...

DJ Matt
02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
traffic light party
get a girl on the door who will give colored badges to people (made out of flourescent card)

stick a UV light on the cieling

red = taken
green = available
yellow = try me

but then with 500 peopel that could be a bit of a pain in the ass

another is white party (everybody wears white)
again great if you have a load of UV lights and it works well with red wash lights too

masquerade ball
people wear masks etc..... i never done this one yet

fancy dress party

stripper party surprise strip tease in the middle of the night (by a stripper, not by the dj ) :P

charity gig (haiti fund raiser , etc)

Ocie
02-23-2012, 02:37 PM
If you're looking for the cliche college party theme, do the ABC party (Anything but clothes). Girls will wear dresses made from caution tape all sorts of other crazy shit. Usually pretty revealing too.

Pavin
02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
If you're looking for the cliche college party theme, do the ABC party (Anything but clothes). Girls will wear dresses made from caution tape all sorts of other crazy shit. Usually pretty revealing too.
Boom, that shit always blows up^

Personally I'd stay away from complicated themes.. keep it simple, yet fun. If you follow that most themes will work well.

Gay Nights, if your the only one in town doing it. Will ALWAYS (in my experience) draw crowds, but the regulars might not like it (do it on an off night)

Ignotus
02-23-2012, 05:31 PM
glow party
toga party
farmer party
nerd party

etc etc

frandomeda
02-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Wow amazing ideas. I am def. kicking off some of these. Will possibly do the ball pit party after with the balloons. That sounds insane

CC Ricers
02-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Had a friend go to a Rubik's Cube party. Basically, people swap clothes until their stuff all becomes one color.

Hibbo
02-26-2012, 09:11 PM
How have i never heard of the 'ABC' party before, i'm stealing that one!

frandomeda
03-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Any other brilliant ideas? Doing a beach party this time

Tektonix
03-05-2012, 12:28 AM
At our last event we had a banana eating contest for the ladies C: It was pretty dope

peterwo2e
03-05-2012, 03:47 AM
college party? if you know a friendly drug dealer hire him he will make a killing.

djkvg
03-05-2012, 04:15 AM
naughty school girl night. Always brings out girls who have an excuse to dress slutty and guys to go out to watch those slutty girls.

Maybe have a contest in the middle of the night

Lionman
03-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Human scrabble. Everyone gets a letter when they come in, spend some time wandering around to find people to make words with. Prize for the top word score.

Friend of mine did it at a night a few months ago & everyone left saying that that was the best thing about the night.

Drevo
03-05-2012, 12:19 PM
TeBros and BroncHoes.
Dirty Disney
Lingerave (lingerie themed EDM night)
What Used to Be Cool.
I can keep going. Some of them are definitely more appropriate for private parties than clubs however